PDA

View Full Version : Weight Belt Buckle

DMBillies
08-11-2008, 00:16
This is noobie to the point of being embarrasing, but I just picked up a new weight belt to round out my collection of basic gear as I approach a refresher course (I've not been diving in 10 years, so I'm trying to do the right thing and get re-educated). Anyway, I'm looking at my belt and the belt buckle and it isn't immediately obvious how to put it on there. It's been long enough that this is something I just can't remember, I don't have another belt to look at, and an internet search didn't turn anything up aside from pictures for selling things with the buckle only half on.

The buckle is just a quick release tab kind with three slots, then the buckle, and then another slot in the front. The configuration I came up with that jives with my memory the best is: down through the first slot, up through the second, down through the third, along the back side of the buckle around the front of it, down through the slot in front of the buckle and leaving the tail pinched underneath the part running from the third hole to around the front. Only problem is, the belt wrapped around the front makes it pretty hard to thread through the buckle.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jenn
08-11-2008, 06:19
Hmmm sounds a bit different then my weight belt. How about you take it done to your local dive shop and see if they will help you or maybe they will have one that you can compare yours with. Sorry not much help.

cmburch
08-11-2008, 06:49
http://www.scubatoys.com/store/accessories/pics/beltthreading.jpg

Weave S/S belt buckle: Starting from the front of the metal buckle, thread the left waist strap through the larger end slot of the buckle. Position the buckle approximately 18-inches of webbing length from the plate left waist slot. Then thread the webbing from the back through the center slot and through the front of the inner most slot. Then thread the webbing through the back of the larger end slot so there are two thicknesses of webbing through one slot and pull the weave tight. The excess webbing will now be doubled back and lay flat along the inside of the left waist strap. http://www.diveriteexpress.com/library/Hog_Harness/Hog_assembly_7-200.jpg

I am still working on finding another picture. I think Larry posted about April this year on a 3 slot buckle that is different than No Misses.

No Misses
08-11-2008, 09:27
Here is a crude drawing of how I thread mine. It is different than the one that CMBurch posted.

awap
08-11-2008, 10:16
The buckle is just a quick release tab kind with three slots, then the buckle, and then another slot in the front.

Down thru the first, up thru the second, down thru the third, and back thru the first. You don't have to use the front slot.

Alternatively, you can just use 2 of the first 3 slots and weave it as per the above link. I don't like that weave as it leaves little room for "growth" and is a bit more work with stiff webbing.

mchain
08-11-2008, 11:25
The buckle is just a quick release tab kind with three slots, then the buckle, and then another slot in the front. The configuration I came up with that jives with my memory the best is: down through the first slot, up through the second, down through the third, along the back side of the buckle around the front of it, down through the slot in front of the buckle and leaving the tail pinched underneath the part running from the third hole to around the front. Only problem is, the belt wrapped around the front makes it pretty hard to thread through the buckle.

Any help would be appreciated.

That sounds like the way I do it. I haven't had a problem with it.