PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football?

thesmoothdome
08-11-2007, 22:44
Any other fantasy football geeks here?

plot
08-11-2007, 22:54
The guys I choose always lose.

For example, I had Vick lined up this year... so I've finally given up on fantasy.

deepdiver47
08-12-2007, 12:39
I don't do fnatasy, I have season tickets to the real thing, Go Texans!

nferra2
08-12-2007, 14:02
I am confused?!? You say you have season tickets to see the real thing (I assume you are talking about Pro Football) then you state " Go Texans". Seems like an oxymoron to me.

Geaux Saints

thesmoothdome
08-12-2007, 14:13
I am confused?!? You say you have season tickets to see the real thing (I assume you are talking about Pro Football) then you state " Go Texans". Seems like an oxymoron to me.

Geaux Saints

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

georoc01
08-12-2007, 14:22
I played for 10 years, won my league 3 times. For a while I really enjoyed it, because it made virtually every game on Sunday interesting. However, it also jaded how I viewed the game, so I have for the last couple of years gone back to just enjoying the game and my teams and not worried about who scored what in a game I'm not watching just because it came up in a ticker at the bottom of the screen.

thesmoothdome
08-12-2007, 14:29
I played for 10 years, won my league 3 times. For a while I really enjoyed it, because it made virtually every game on Sunday interesting. However, it also jaded how I viewed the game, so I have for the last couple of years gone back to just enjoying the game and my teams and not worried about who scored what in a game I'm not watching just because it came up in a ticker at the bottom of the screen.

I've run leagues for the last ten years and have opted to sit out this season because I'm pretty burnt out, but I'm also going through withdrawals. I think I'm going to try http://www.fftoc.com . Looks pretty competative and a big change from the way we view FF.

deepdiver47
08-12-2007, 14:59
funny, real funny, and how many decades did it take your team to be good?

thesmoothdome
08-12-2007, 15:03
funny, real funny, and how many decades did it take your team to be good?

Hey! Let's not change the discussion here:smiley2:

deepdiver47
08-12-2007, 15:16
now you sound like Mark McGuire when he was asked about his use of steroids . He said "let's not concentrate on the past but only on the future" :)

Dabaras
08-12-2007, 17:52
I play a few leagues every year. Mostly Yahoo. One league is with some guys I was in the Navy with and one just general.

nferra2
08-12-2007, 18:21
I thought I would always feel for fans of bad teams once the Saints started playing well. I was wrong.

Black-Gorrilla
08-12-2007, 18:28
i used to do a league with buddies.. but i always lost!!
we done teams (2 people) and 200 bux a piece... (400 per team) and lost everytime (4 times) so i quit that. i rather do funner things... like not loose my money!

Disneymom
08-12-2007, 21:00
I do fantasy, too - this will be my third year. 2nd my first year, and tanked last year. I've got a draft coming up - I guess I better get after my lists....

deepdiver47
08-13-2007, 07:31
Question: You are at a football game and you 5 fans directly in front of you that stand throughout the whole game. They are the only ones in your entire section that stand up during the entire game. (notice I said entire game vs standiong and cheering when exciting plays are being run) You can't see sh*t, you ask them to sit down and they just laugh at you.

What do you do?

yankeefan21
08-13-2007, 07:44
Yeah - I'm a pretty big FF geek. I love trying to figure out if I should bench Eli Manning against the Eagles in favor of Vince Young against the Texans. Decisions... Decisions...

I last won back to back championships on '02 and '03 but came in 2nd in each of the last three seasons despite needing to overcome some MAJOR injuries. So, I still feel like my last few seasons have been bigger successes than my championship seasons.

I actually like the fact that I could be watching a Browns game because Jamal Lewis might have a huge game against the Cincinnati Bengals' pourous run D. Why else would I be watching that game? Oh right - to make sure my opponent doesn't get a huge game from Chad Freaking Johnson! :smiley16:

Skinsfan1311
08-14-2007, 10:36
Question: You are at a football game and you 5 fans directly in front of you that stand throughout the whole game. They are the only ones in your entire section that stand up during the entire game. (notice I said entire game vs standiong and cheering when exciting plays are being run) You can't see sh*t, you ask them to sit down and they just laugh at you.

What do you do?

Tell the usher

Skinsfan1311
08-14-2007, 10:37
I've played for years.....and won the Fantasy Bowl twice......