PDA

View Full Version : Regulator Repair Question

GIFFMANN
08-13-2008, 12:51
I've got a Zeagle setup I need to send down to you guys for a tune up. I picked up the regs used on the boards, but with the regs, I also ended up with a 1st stage repair kit. If I include that in the package with the regs, will you guys use my existing kit or would I still need to purchase a kit from you?

Thanks!

Giff

BoomerNJ
08-13-2008, 13:05
I would send a pm to Joe or Larry, you'll get a faster response. Or send an email to info@scubatoys.com (which Joe answers I believe). I bet they will use it though as long as it's safe to use...

Flatliner
08-13-2008, 19:53
Ooh, Ooh, Giffman's going diving with me... Dude, I'm going to send in your spare set tomorrow for mine and littlemister's trip. Call me if you are going to be in Lincoln and we can split the shipping.

GIFFMANN
08-14-2008, 08:23
Rob,
No plans to be in Lincoln. I thought you had already sent those off, otherwise I would have handed them to you the other day. Also, still working on seeing if 22/23 will work.

Boomer,
This is a shameless way to up my post count while asking a genuine question! :smiley2:

Giff

BoomerNJ
08-14-2008, 08:37
Rob,
No plans to be in Lincoln. I thought you had already sent those off, otherwise I would have handed them to you the other day. Also, still working on seeing if 22/23 will work.

Boomer,
This is a shameless way to up my post count while asking a genuine question! :smiley2:

Giff

And what exactly did you think my answer was? lol! :smiley20:

csterling95
08-14-2008, 09:17
take it to a dive shop near you or joe and lary

GIFFMANN
08-14-2008, 09:37
I don't really care for the local shops, and I trust Scuba Toys more than I trust some of the not so far away shops. Just curious as to whether they would use my parts, since I've got them sitting around here, and I thought this post woudl be a decent way to start getting involved on the forum here.

Giff

in_cavediver
08-14-2008, 18:53
I don't really care for the local shops, and I trust Scuba Toys more than I trust some of the not so far away shops. Just curious as to whether they would use my parts, since I've got them sitting around here, and I thought this post woudl be a decent way to start getting involved on the forum here.

Giff

Do you know the age of the parts? A first stage rebuild kit is worth around $12-$15 ( I get them from ST). I have 4 zeagles and aside from the diaphram, its very difficult to tell used from new.

To me, I don't know if its worth the hassle. If you spend the money to ship the regs, why not have ST use parts that they know the history of and will stand behind if something should come up.