PDA

View Full Version : Diving Palau

NavyDM
08-12-2007, 00:01
I'm looking at diving in Palau and wanted to know if anyone has gone with Sam's tours before. Anything on the best wrecks to dive. I'm planning to focus on the wrecks and night diving the reef.

ScubaToys Larry
08-12-2007, 00:55
I've done Palau with the Peter Hughes boat. We didn't do much in the way of wrecks... but there are some dives you can't miss. Make sure you go hit Mandarin Lake (which is not a lake at all) and the snorkel with the jellies (it is a little hike up and down a little hill - but amazing - jellies that don't sting) and the life at Blue Corner will blow you away!

I'm sure you'll love it!

For big time wrecks, next time you go to that part of the world, hit Chuuk (aka Truk).

NavyDM
08-12-2007, 02:04
Thanks Larry. I mostly dive where the ship takes me. Its cheaper when you don't have to worry about the flight or hotel. I am looking forward to hitting alot of good diving in this part of the world. The ship set up with Sam's and there giving us some discounts toward tours and trips. I want to do the snorkel at jelly fish lake but I don't know if there will be time.

ScubaToys Larry
08-12-2007, 02:08
Oh yea... I looked at your profile and that NavyDM screen name is more than just a name! Cool!

Well, I don't think you can have a bad dive in Palau... It's one of my definitely want to go back to destinations! Give us a report and some photos!