PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Zeagle accessory pocket nightmare!

YellowfinKunkfish
08-13-2008, 18:22
I bought the Zeagle Clip Accessory pocket for my Zeagle Zena. It says it's supposed to attach to any Zeagle BC. I would LOVE to know how this thing is supposed to attach!!!! All that is on the back is one tab of velcro. There is absolutely no way to use that to attach this to the front strap of my Zena. I already have the Zeagle expandable pocket, which I HATE with a passion. That's why I bought this one. I assumed this one would attach the same way as the expandable pocket, in the same place, but it doesn't. Can someone please explain to me how to attach this thing?!

Rhonda

YellowfinKunkfish
08-15-2008, 15:15
I guess I'll be sending the pocket back.

mwhities
08-15-2008, 15:19
Rhonda,

Sorry, I have no experience with Zeagle. I'm sure the Zeagle rep will comment once he sees this...

Michael

Diver Kat
08-15-2008, 16:24
The description on ScubaToys says it has a mounting strap ... sounds like yours doesn't ... hopefully ScotZeagle will catch this and let you know. If not, you might want to PM him. He's always VERY helpful. (I LOVE my Zena, but I do hate the lack of a real pocket ...)

Zeagle Clip Pocket Accessory -You can mount this Zeagle Clip Pocket on any Zeagle BC waist panel. Mounting strap is located on the back of the pocket. Made of Cordura Nylon, it is a perfect place to keep backup lights or even a good place to store your mask when you are not in the water.

Zenagirl
08-16-2008, 07:17
I don't think that Zeagle makes a pocket that fits on the Zena, which I've complained to Scott a few times. The good news is that when I saw him last month he told me that they were working on a pocket. He also showed me what they were looking at for a lumbar pad for the Zena, which I've been telling him would be a fabulous addition to the Zena.

Hopefully we'll see something soon, though I don't know that I'll give up my "jerry rigged" Ranger lumbar pad....unless he sends me one to try! ;) Seriously though, I think we'll see a good pocket for the Zena within the next 6 months.

coral cowgirl
08-16-2008, 14:09
I've had good success with putting items such as slate etc in the Zena pocket and then flipping it back up under the vest. Streamlined and accessible.

ScottZeagle
08-18-2008, 09:14
The description of "attaches to ANY Zeagle BC" is wrong. It will attach to MOST BCs...but not the Zena, due to the lack of waist panels to sandwich the velcro.

Sorry, Rhonda!!!

Like Dive Maven said, we are working on a pocket for the Zena....should be ready soon.

Thanks,

Scott

Diver Kat
08-18-2008, 18:39
The description of "attaches to ANY Zeagle BC" is wrong. It will attach to MOST BCs...but not the Zena, due to the lack of waist panels to sandwich the velcro.

Sorry, Rhonda!!!

Like Dive Maven said, we are working on a pocket for the Zena....should be ready soon.

Thanks,

ScottBummer .... I was thinking if Rhonda got a good answer, maybe I'd pick up that pocket! It's the one thing I envy on my DH's Escape ... his pockets!! (Or should I say two things!:smiley36:)

YellowfinKunkfish
08-19-2008, 09:06
Thanks everyone!! I'll be waiting for that new pocket! My husband has the brigade, and he has pockets all over the place! He always has to carry the defog, and stow away everything I find when we dive.:smiley21: He doesn't mind, but I'd sure like to have my own pockets! Thanks for trying to help.

Scott, make sure it's big enough to carry a small back-up light, and a couple of rocks, but not too huge....:smiley2:

Rhonda

mr_tabasco
08-19-2008, 10:11
I was thinking about getting the Zena for my wife but think I will wait until the pocket issue is addressed. That seems to be the only complaint I have heard on this BC. I have the Brigade and you are right there are pockets every where and it is great!

ScottZeagle
08-19-2008, 10:30
I was thinking about getting the Zena for my wife but think I will wait until the pocket issue is addressed. That seems to be the only complaint I have heard on this BC. I have the Brigade and you are right there are pockets every where and it is great!

The thing that makes the Zena appealing to women (from what I have ben told numerous times) is the look and the fit.

Take a look at a womens corset and try to add a pocket that doesn't take away from the style and beauty....it is REALLY hard to do.

I will take a few pictures of the pocket that we are working on.

:)

mr_tabasco
08-19-2008, 10:52
I agree that the according to all the feedback I have heard the fit is phenomenal. Wasn’t saying that it was an easy problem to fix and from what I have seen of Zeagle products a marginal fix is just not going to happen. You guys do it right or don’t do it! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Zenagirl
08-19-2008, 18:47
I've been diving a Zena for nearly 5 years and honestly after the first few dives where I really missed pockets, I figured out quickly that I didn't really need most of the junk I was carrying and streamlined a lot. My husband can easily carry the little dry box with the car keys and cash. ;)

I'll admit that when night diving I tend to stash my backup light in one of my weight pockets, so when the new Zena pocket comes out, I'll likely get one just for those times when I need one (like night diving). I'm definitely looking forward to having the option of having a pocket when I want one. :D Thanks Scott!!

Diver Kat
08-19-2008, 23:29
I've also had my Zena for almost 5 years now, in general, anything I need to carry goes on a D-ring. Scott has a point in that trying to place a decent sized pocket anywhere is going to be hard. The BC is so streamlined. I even think the front pocket on the newer versions looks a bid odd. (Mine has the old version roll-up underneath pocket.) On top of that, Scott's a very brave mad to try and please a bunch of women!! :smiley36: And I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with!

YellowfinKunkfish
08-21-2008, 08:28
I hope you all didn't think I don't like my Zena! I looooooove my zena! I will never dive in anything else. My AOW is coming up, and I'm supposed to have a back-up light, (for the night dive) signaling device, and since I probably won't have access to my husband's pockets, I'll have to carry my own de-fog. And I was stressing out about where I'm going to put all that stuff! I hate danglies, and I refuse to dangle all that stuff off the front of my BC. So....., I bought a pocket, thought I had all my problems solved, and then got stressed cause I couldn't figure out how to attach it! I actually have thought of stashing stuff in the weight pockets, so, that may be where I stash my back-up light, for now. As for the whistle, and de-fog, I may have to stuff them in the itty bitty fold-up pocket. But I still love my Zena!

Rhonda

Diver Kat
08-21-2008, 11:40
I don't like dangling things either, but without pockets I adapted. I use a zip tie and a small 2" carabiner (99 cents at Home Depot.) I run the zip tie thru the same spot the lanyard attaches to my lights and tighten it around one of the carabiners. That way it's actually attached pretty close to my BC, and I can pop my hand thru the lanyard then clip off, and not worry about dropping my light. (I've seen a few lights fall out of pockets not closed, or dropped as they were trying to get them out of a side pocket.) Anything that doesn't have a clip built in I can usually attach a carabiner to. But then I've also learned that I really don't need too much extra stuff with me ...

And no - didn't think you were anti-Zena because of the pocket problem! Even if they never figure out a good pocket resolution, I would buy the Zena again if I needed a new BC! (Of course the thing is so well made, don't know if I'll ever get to that point!:smiley36:)

coral cowgirl
08-22-2008, 16:25
"(Of course the thing is so well made, don't know if I'll ever get to that point!:smiley36:)"

YellowfinKunkfish
08-24-2008, 09:08
Okay, I fixed my problem, until Scott comes out with a better pocket.:smiley2:

I took the double piece of velcro stuff off of the back of the small Zena pocket, and sewed it onto the back of the clip pocket. Attached it to the bottom front horizontal strap of my Zena. Then I ran a lanyard inside the pocket, with a small loop coming out through the bottom hole and clipped it to the bottom D-ring on my zena, with another D-ring, so it won't drag when I put a light in it. Now I'm wondering if the Zeagle rear weight pockets that go on the bottom tank strap will go on the zena for sure, and if they do, maybe I could use one to put a small back-up light in.

Rhonda:smiley20:

Splitlip
08-24-2008, 09:50
I had success with these on one of my BC's. It uses little "clips" which lock closed when slid over a strap.

Mounting instructions http://www.diverite.com/downloads/diverite_28.pdf

http://www.diveriteexpress.com/bcs/img/bc2714positions.jpg
http://www.diveriteexpress.com/bcs/img/150bc2714.jpg (http://www.diveriteexpress.com/bcs/img/bc2714lg.jpg) Clipper Pocket

The Clipper Pocket is a small, versatile pocket that can be mounted to any standard 2-inch webbing waist belt. It is ideal for small divers who do not have the girth to carry a larger pocket or for any diver who needs a small pouch to carry a slate, pocket light or seeme float. The Clipper Pocket can also be used as a weight pocket for weights up to 5-lbs, noting that there is not a quick dump capability on this pocket. It can be mounted in a variety of positions with our unique H pattern belt loops. A secure Velcro closure keeps the pocket flap closed and resists sagging or stretching. Dimensions: 4.75" tall x 4.6" wide x 1.75" deep

YellowfinKunkfish
08-24-2008, 09:56
Thank You!
I'll have to check into these!

Rhonda

Diver Kat
08-24-2008, 10:41
Interesting, but pricey little buggers! Why are pockets SO expensive???