PDA

View Full Version : Davao/Samal, Philippines

Joew
07-11-2007, 01:30
I'll be making a trip to Davao in January, and I was wondering if anyone has done any diving there. How does it compare to other area like Puerto Galera or Bohol? I don't think there are too many Western tourists there, since it is in Mindanao, so it's kinda hard to find info online. I should mention that I'm a photographer, so i'm mostly interested in seeing good critters.

Diver Dennis
07-11-2007, 12:39
I've not been there but other friends that have say it's terrific and they are all photographers too.

Joew
07-11-2007, 13:43
Thanks for the reply, Dennis. I saw your pics from Cabilao, and they're great. I'm hoping I get to see alot of the same stuff.

Diver Dennis
07-11-2007, 17:28
Glad you liked them. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the diving in Davao.

deepdiver47
07-31-2007, 07:52
In general, I have been looking into a future trip to the PI.
I love walls and reefs with gin clear water and a dive op that offers nitrox and gives it's customers long dive times.

Any suggestions?

h2odragon1
08-24-2007, 10:16
In general, I have been looking into a future trip to the PI.
I love walls and reefs with gin clear water and a dive op that offers nitrox and gives it's customers long dive times.

Any suggestions?
Puerto Galera!! I dove through ACTION DIVERS on little lalaguna beach and had a great time! there great wall dives nearby at Verde Is. watch out for the Washing Machine! There wreck dives, deep dives great coral dives. I know they have Nitrox, since they have tech diving, also I have seen rebreathers .
I hear that in Bohol, Panglao Is. most of the diving is wall dives. I haven't been there yet.
Wreck diving is available in Coron. 14 major wrecks courtisy US Navy 1944.
You can't go wrong diving in the Philippines

dondi518
09-18-2007, 01:58
Try searching for Tubataha Reef...it's an experience!

Kidder
09-18-2007, 22:10
Bohol is a nice place to dive. Bohol in general is a nice place to relax. very quiet. With cute and freaky Tasiers that have really long fingers and rotate thier head 180 degrees.