PDA

View Full Version : Zena Sizing

Martin2
08-19-2008, 15:49
So I got my new Zena today (yay!!) and I had a question about fit. It is very comfy, but does not feel snug at all. Even when it is as tight as it will go. I'm used to my old BC feeling somewhat snug, but I know the Zena may fit a little differently. Any of you who have one have any thoughts? Since I have it as tight as it will go, I'm wondering if I should switch it out for the next size down.

dallasdivergirl
08-19-2008, 15:53
where exactly is it not fitting?

there are three different parts. the vest/corset, the shoulders and the back.

Martin2
08-19-2008, 17:09
I don't honestly know which part is not fitting well. I have all of the straps tightened down as far as they will go. You know that feeling when a skirt is just a little too big and the waist spins? It is kind of that feeling at the waist. But there is also room for the entire BC to rise up (like an inch or two) at the shoulders. I really hate that feeling in the water when the BC rises up.

Diver Kat
08-19-2008, 17:14
Does sound as if it may be too big .... but like DDG asked, where does it not fit? I always have my shoulders tightened all the way - being short - and when I tighten up the waist cinch & the hip cinch, it feels pretty snug. In fact, with a tank attached, if I forget to loosen the straps before gearing up, it's almost impossible to get the front zipped up.

Zenagirl
08-19-2008, 18:32
It really does sound like your Zena is too big. You should only be able to tighten the straps down about 1/2 way (or so) in a 3mm suit. That way there's plenty of room for thicker or thinner exposure protection.

Diver Kat
08-19-2008, 23:10
Yup ... sounds like you need to get it switched out for a smaller size ....

Martin2
08-20-2008, 10:08
As usual, ST is fabulous and was able to help with my admittedly pitiful explanation of how it doesn't fit. They're sending out a replacement today. Hopefully it will be here in time to try it out this weekend. Thanks for your feedback.

Diver Kat
08-20-2008, 23:07
Once you get it, let us know what you think ... we always love to see posts from other Zena converts! :smiley1:

Zenagirl
08-21-2008, 07:15
As far as I'm concerned, once you've actually had a dive (or 1000) with a Zena, you'll never think of switching to another BC. :D

Remember to adjust it properly once you're in the water. You want to go horizontal, loosen all the straps, yard the BC down, tighten the bottom strap, tighten the middle strap (at your waist), then snug up the shoulders (they don't need to be tight).

Once adjusted properly, your Zena should never move, even if you turn around, contort yourself, are upside down, etc. You'll basically forget you have it on because there aren't ANY single points of contact on your body (the beauty of the corset), thus you really don't feel it.

Definitely let us know what you think once you've taken it diving. :D

Martin2
08-23-2008, 10:02
It'll be here Monday, so I'll let you know as soon as we've had a chance to take it diving. It is supposed to rain all week, so the pool may be the best I can do for a bit.

Thank you all!

highdesert
08-24-2008, 13:36
It is supposed to rain all week ...

Wouldn't want to get wet ..... :smiley36: