PDA

View Full Version : Atom 2.0

kingsolo
08-21-2008, 19:56
I did a search, but couldn't find anything in regards to this. Has anyone had any problems with the Atom 2.0? After 5 dives, my Atom went into dive mode while loading gear in the van for the trip home. It went down to 90ish meters and stayed there for about 2 hours, then began to slowly climb across the next 6 hours. Upon "surfacing", the Atom locked down like it was supposed to and I couldn't download my dive data for 24 hours. It did a similar scenario on an aquarium dive (didn't need the data from the watch, but wanted to check it) but it only thought it went down to 2 meters then "surfaced" about 20 minutes *before* the dive actually took place.

This also happened to another guy I dive with.

I contacted Oceanic and they said it was a pressure transducer problem. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Diver Kat
08-21-2008, 22:42
Just bought our Atoms recently, so they only have 16 dives on them, but no problems so far.

Warren
08-21-2008, 23:27
I did a search, but couldn't find anything in regards to this. Has anyone had any problems with the Atom 2.0? After 5 dives, my Atom went into dive mode while loading gear in the van for the trip home. It went down to 90ish meters and stayed there for about 2 hours, then began to slowly climb across the next 6 hours. Upon "surfacing", the Atom locked down like it was supposed to and I couldn't download my dive data for 24 hours. It did a similar scenario on an aquarium dive (didn't need the data from the watch, but wanted to check it) but it only thought it went down to 2 meters then "surfaced" about 20 minutes *before* the dive actually took place.

This also happened to another guy I dive with.

I contacted Oceanic and they said it was a pressure transducer problem. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

That's flat-out crazy!

Since it happened to another, it could be they had a run of bad components?

Thanks for giving a heads-up! My dive-buddy bought one just last month - I'll have him keep an eye on it.

RoyN
08-21-2008, 23:59
Nope, just ask Oceanic if they could fix or replace it and etc.