08-12-2007, 17:45
Is scuba included or an extra cost?

What is included?

porsche060
08-13-2007, 16:24
Anyone?

ertechsg
08-13-2007, 16:30
Extra. The shop or cruise may set it up with a dive shop down there but you will have to pay. Which is not bad will be like 55 for 2 in Coz, should be about same in Jam.

porsche060
08-13-2007, 16:46
Guessing the same w/ food?

mike_s
08-13-2007, 16:56
Guessing the same w/ food?

standard food (most meals) are included on a cruise.
You pay for any drinks besides tea and tapwater though. (this includes cokes, bottled water, beer, wine, etc).
Some speciality foods (if they have it) might be extra. (not an option on all ships).

For the most part I think you'll be happy with food service on the ship. It's been pretty good in my experience. (they just need to learn to make 'southern' sweet tea!)

You also pay tips to the room steward, the waiter, asst waiter, and bus-boy. (there will be a tip guide in your room or your package when you book). Have some $1's handy also to tip the baggage handlers who are loading your bags up.

any excursion is extra also. (such as diving, land tours, jeep tours, etc).

porsche060
08-13-2007, 17:32
Am I better doing a blackbeard cruise? How many guys are thinking bout the Feb cruise?

georoc01
08-13-2007, 19:02
If your goal is to Dive, Dive, Dive..do Blackbeards..

If you want to go a relaxing vacation with a couple days of diving, do the cruise.

I have asked previously about any dive packages as part of the cruise, and didn't get any answer. I think you woudl have to either book it through the ship or book it through ops on your own.

bks
09-08-2007, 17:42
We've been on alot of cruises in the past and its a nice mix. We haven't seen a good western cruise schedule since the Princess Grand left Galveston. We always schedule our diving on our own unless there is no choice but to use the ship. Ship arranged diving is over priced and usually the operators seem to restrict the dive times.