PDA

View Full Version : Panama City

porsche060
08-12-2007, 17:50
Any good diving around PC?

Centerius
08-12-2007, 17:52
I did one of my OW checkout dives out of Panama City and dove Bridge Span 14 and the Black Bart. The Black Bart was a great dive. I've heard diving the jetties is good, too.

FishFood
08-12-2007, 18:14
Lots of good dives. Check out this link for the sites and descriptions. You may have to zoom in a bit...
http://www.divingnutz.com/divesites.asp

Dive-aholic
08-13-2007, 12:42
Are you interested in springs? There are a few good springs/caverns within an hour drive of PC.

mike_s
08-13-2007, 13:31
Any good diving around PC?

I dove there earlier this year and hear from recent reports that the vis is very good there this year.

Lots of wrecks offshore.

However most of the dive operators happen to only go to the Black Bart and Bridgespan #14 that Centerius mentioned. Nothring wrong with the Black Bart, but if you've been there several times you just want to try something new. (same thing with #14, but just sooner). The dive operators just go to these because they are the closest ones to the port and are shallow also for a 'mixed boat' of different divers experience levels.

The jetties is a good dive also. Dive at high slack tide. (check tide charts for the day).

pick up a copy of Ned DeLoaches Underwater Guide to Florida for a good reference to the area on diving.

reeldive
09-04-2007, 22:01
A Lot of the charters are doing the Strength and the Jeff A A lot of wrecks and other artificial reefs in the area. got over 30 wrecks in my log from this area. I do most of my diveing from private boat however.

Saw Island Diver on the Chickasaw a few weeks ago. Try putting 20 divers on a 100ft wreck with a 12 ft profile at 60' I thnk they cheated thier customers a bit on that one. Just my .02