PDA

View Full Version : Are substitutions permitted?

porsche060
08-12-2007, 18:16
I like the X-Pert Zoom Dive Package ($200) however would like to add the Aeris Velocity Fin which is a bit cheaper. Wondering if a substitution is possible?

Or basically the Eagle scout deal ($159) with a different snorkel (Totally Dry)

My reason is I heard the Aeris is a little bit more powerful than the split fin and easier to use. Is this true

Also thinking about a different mask....

nferra2
08-12-2007, 18:32
They will allow you to make a custom package, just call and tell them what you want.

porsche060
08-12-2007, 18:48
Will do, thanks :-)

ScubaToys Larry
08-12-2007, 20:10
Swapping and switching is what we do. Doesn't bother us in the least. But I'd stick with the splits if I were you.

porsche060
08-12-2007, 21:21
What advantage do splits have?

ScubaToys Larry
08-12-2007, 21:23
Less fatigue, faster speeds, less air consumption, more relaxed in the water... You name it! I'll never go back to standard fins.

Splitlip
08-12-2007, 21:26
Less fatigue, faster speeds, less air consumption, more relaxed in the water... You name it! I'll never go back to standard fins.
:smilie40:

namabiru
08-13-2007, 11:21
Split fins rule! You will be pleased to have them, and for the cost they are offering them at in the package, you really are getting an offer you can't refuse.

If you want to cut costs, perhaps enquire if they will take out the mask defogger, or the booties, or the mesh bag, or something.

porsche060
08-13-2007, 13:39
not looking to cut costs but have heard mixed reviews on split fins. heard it can cause the bottom to get cloudier than regular fins.

also comparing it to their fins from the eagle scout package

Split fins rule! You will be pleased to have them, and for the cost they are offering them at in the package, you really are getting an offer you can't refuse.

If you want to cut costs, perhaps enquire if they will take out the mask defogger, or the booties, or the mesh bag, or something.

medic001918
08-13-2007, 14:37
I'll go against the masses in this thread...having used splits, I ended up going to the ScubaPro Jet's. I love the paddle design and how they work in the water. They also allow more kicks to be performed more effectively. The fact that they're slightly negative didn't hurt either. That's actually how I came to have mine to start, it was part of trimming out and I borrowed a pair. Went out and got my own pair the next day. The splits work well though, I just prefer the paddle.

Shane

namabiru
08-13-2007, 20:14
not looking to cut costs but have heard mixed reviews on split fins. heard it can cause the bottom to get cloudier than regular fins.

also comparing it to their fins from the eagle scout package

Aha! Perhaps you can try a pair, then. Go to one dive site, and dive with splits once, then with regular fins, and see what happens. I found that you don't have to kick as much with split fins. The bottom getting cloudy, then, may be from some yokel like myself, who is kicking too hard due to being used to different fins... :smiley36: