PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Springs, Bethleham PA

Necklinsberg
08-24-2008, 16:19
I'm going to be in eastern PA in near future and search turned up this site (dutchsprings.com).

Has anyone dove there?

Necklinsberg
08-24-2008, 16:22
Should have searched further here, didn't realize that it had its own section.

comet24
08-24-2008, 16:33
The shop I DM with used to go there until this year. Their prices are a bit high but a very nice place to dive with great facilities when it comes to quarry diving. Very crowded on the weekends but not bad at all during the week. Most of the local hotels will give you a discount if you tell them your diving at Dutch.

There are some nice thing to see under water.

Have fun.

Sansho
08-24-2008, 16:40
Dutch Springs is a fairly well developed quarry, with reasonable viz. They've sunk a number of objects to view. Recommend 7mm or dry, as there are thermoclines, and it gets cooler at depth.

mselizann
08-24-2008, 17:23
It is AWESOME there- lots to see, vis is pretty good. It is a little pricey- but worth it.

bigfishK9
08-24-2008, 18:41
Been there and really enjoyed myself. Kids have a blast in the aquatic park while my wife works on her tan. Entrance fee is getting a little high, but a lot of attractions to look at. As some of the other post have stated...hotels will give you a discount and a Tue-Thur trip is the way to go. 7MM or Dry is about the only way to dive it. Website is good for doing some pre-dive planning. Local dive shop is only about a mile away if you need anything. FYI if your significant other is in the medical career field there is a local business that sells Scrubs very reasonable. Lots of sizes and styles. HAVE FUN!!! :smiley20:

Duckydiver
08-24-2008, 18:48
I almost always enjoy going to Dutch Springs. I try to go there at least two weekends a year. If your into camping, the facilitys there are nice. I usualy camp fri and sat nights.

If you plan on not camping fri night. then get there at least a half hr early sat morning 730 or so as it gets very buisy on the weekends.

Souvy
08-24-2008, 19:43
I've been there a few times and I had a good time there. The viz was quite good most of the time and they've sunk quite few things (my favorites are the school bus and the helicopter) so it's good practice if you're just starting to do swim throughs etc. They've also got a bunch of platforms, so it's also a good place to practice skills.

pir8
08-24-2008, 22:11
I'm there most weekends lately doing different classes.

Necklinsberg
08-26-2008, 10:51
Thanks to all for the input.

I'm going to use it as an escape from the in-laws this weekend.

thor
08-26-2008, 12:17
For the area, it is the best place to learn. Great vis for a quarry. A lot of training platforms and sunken objects. Pretty good facilities. Plenty of variety. Can get a little crowded getting into the water. A little pricey, but cheaper than a boat dive.

gilboadiver
08-27-2008, 06:33
During the week is much better, There is no camping on site monday thru thursday. But there is great campground just 10 miles away called Evergreen Lakes. I highly recomend that one.