PDA

View Full Version : GPS Coord Midwest

snagel
08-25-2008, 17:36
Hopefully, I've attached the document correctly. Anyway, I thought I would post this again.

Let me know if you have something to add or update.

Snagel

texdiveguy
08-25-2008, 17:38
Hey, thanks!

Nemrod
08-26-2008, 08:16
Thank you for the excellent list of dive sites, nice work.

One thing, on the Oasis numbers, where those derived from placing the google earth cursor over the suspected site or have they been dive verified? I only ask because there is a fairly large area of cultural remains down there, I did not have that number listed when I went searching for Oasis. I used an old topo map and my side scan sonar to locate what I thought was the center of the "remians" and then I dive verified that there is "stuff" down there. Has that number listed been verified?

The number I listed was the middle of a series of numbers I took over a diffuse area of targets that showed up on the side scan. If anyone is planning to dive the sunken city be prepared to enter the Table Rock Triangle, where nothing is as it seems.

N

snagel
08-26-2008, 19:26
To be honest, I can't remember exactly where the coords for Oasis came from. A couple years ago, I solicited information from a lot of sources.

No, I have not verified the Oasis data. Most of the other ones listed for Table Rock I have dove and they are pretty much spot-on. In fact on the one listed for Jakes Point, I dropped right on the wreck from the boat.

Snagel

cummings66
08-26-2008, 21:08
I haven't opened this document, but if it's the data I gave it should have 4 points in it. The one I found through old plat maps and then the 3 Nemrod posted. I think it's still here on the board in one of those postings by ghost where he asked for google earth dive locations.

BillS
09-05-2008, 13:02
Thanks for the great list of dive sites. I dive in all the White River basin lakes, primarily Table Rock. Several of the sites on the list I have already visited and the rest will certainly be goals for the future. You clearly put a lot of work into compiling the info.

snagel
09-05-2008, 23:17
I can't take all the credit. Pretty much most if not all of the information came from everybody on the board. I just put it all together.

The actual document has maps, but I had to cut them out to post here because it was too big. If you want the original, email me at snagel@midwestmuckdiving.com and I'll send you the full-version.

Snagel