PDA

View Full Version : Brigade Mods???

Largo
08-25-2008, 18:52
Scott,
Hi. I would like to get a donut air cell for my Brigade, and lose the velcro cumberbund. Is this a feasible modification? Thanks!

Splitlip
08-25-2008, 19:01
Sell the whole thing would be my recommendation. Obviousely you are ready for something other than a Brigade. Be more econmical selling the entire setup and get what you want.

Largo
08-25-2008, 19:06
I don't think anyone would want it now. It's all bleached out and it has tears here and there in the harness, and it's generally nasty looking. Comfy, though.

Splitlip
08-25-2008, 19:07
LOL. Well it has seen some action.

Largo
08-25-2008, 19:29
I don't think anyone would want it now. It's all bleached out and it has tears here and there in the harness, and it's generally nasty looking. Comfy, though.

I like my women like I like my buoyancy compensators.

ScubaToys Larry
08-25-2008, 19:48

Torn up and used??

Splitlip
08-25-2008, 19:52
bleached and nasty

Rileybri
08-25-2008, 19:53

Torn up and used??

Oh my!!!!:smiley32::smilie39::smilie39:

:smilie40:

Largo
08-25-2008, 19:57
The cool thing about having rough looking gear is that it makes me look as though I know what I'm doing.

The moral of that story: Don't trust somebody just because their gear is grungy.

Largo
08-25-2008, 20:00

Torn up and used??

The secret to a healthy, successful relationship is lowered expectations.

Largo
08-25-2008, 21:54
But seriously...

Any advice on getting rid of the velcro cumberbund?

I have some paramedic's sheers...

freeski4ever
08-25-2008, 22:57
Recently a member got a custom color BC from Zeagle. I'm pretty sure that they could make you a BC to your specifications, and it probably wouldn't even require trauma shears!!

Brewer
08-27-2008, 20:26
bleached and nasty

THATS KILLER

ScubaToys Larry
08-27-2008, 20:30
But seriously...

No need to cut... just undo the 3 sex bolts on each side. (how come this thread keeps getting back to that??)

But then if you want to replace it with a webbing, you can do it as a clip on the front (like you have now that goes over the cummerbund) or a weight belt type buckle. But to do that, you'll have to sew this stuff onto the sides of the BC... You should be able to find someone local to do that - I've had a lot of mods sewn up on BC's at a local upholstery shop - they've got heavy enough machines to handle it.

cbope
08-28-2008, 02:02
But seriously...

No need to cut... just undo the 3 sex bolts on each side. (how come this thread keeps getting back to that??)

But then if you want to replace it with a webbing, you can do it as a clip on the front (like you have now that goes over the cummerbund) or a weight belt type buckle. But to do that, you'll have to sew this stuff onto the sides of the BC... You should be able to find someone local to do that - I've had a lot of mods sewn up on BC's at a local upholstery shop - they've got heavy enough machines to handle it.

Or... you can rig up a new waist belt that attaches to the existing holes and use the Zeagle fasteners to attach the new belt just like the old cummerbund. That way it's less of a "permanent" mod in case you might want to switch back some day. You can use the old belt/cummerbund as a template. Also, a good shoe repair shop can also do this kind of work, they also have the heavy sewing machines needed.