PDA

View Full Version : My Problem with Scubatoys Forum

trekkindave
08-25-2008, 22:37
I have a few problems with the scuba toys forum.....

1) I was happy with bottom end crap equipment for my first purchases to get into diving.... then the powers of the Scubatoys forum emptied my wallet.

2) I check the forum almost constantly when sitting in front of my computer.... someone really needs to hit sign off for me sometime

3) I have had to have my bed time extended twice this week so I could finish looking for new post on the forum... depsite the fact that I had already read the posts 15 times...

freeski4ever
08-25-2008, 22:39
Congratulations, you're an addict!! Please state your name. ;)

Don Wray
08-25-2008, 22:40
I FEEL you pain, brother! Preach on!

Foo2
08-25-2008, 23:23
It's a love/hate relationship that will only grow stronger with time.

hooligan
08-25-2008, 23:38
If work only knew how much they paid me to surf scubatoys...:smiley29:

fisheater
08-25-2008, 23:43
"You gotta problem with that?"

Diver Kat
08-25-2008, 23:43
I3) I have had to have my bed time extended twice this week so I could finish looking for new post on the forum... depsite the fact that I had already read the posts 15 times...I'm so there with this one!! Less than 6 hours and I have to get up for work ... but somehow I have to check the threads ONE MORE TIME!

hawkenph
08-26-2008, 00:09
I don't feel so bad now. Knowing I am not alone.. lol I am also, thankful to my Fiancee who is very patient with me.. Oh, My Name is Kurt and I am a addict of Scuba Toys Forum.. lol j/k:smiley20:

BoomerNJ
08-26-2008, 06:29
If work only knew how much they paid me to surf scubatoys...:smiley29:

+1! Hehehehe.... If they only knew...

Vercingetorix
08-26-2008, 07:34
Your problem dates back to the beginning of the forum; it is well-known and documented.

http://forum.scubatoys.com/complaints-problems/1872-scubatoys-forum-taking-over-my-life.html

Welcome to internet scuba crack

floater
08-26-2008, 07:59
Just ST? I have the same problem, but with multiple scuba forums; scubatoys, scubaboard, and thedecostop are my stables with occasional visits to divematrix and direxplorers... :smiley11:

Vercingetorix
08-26-2008, 08:04
Just ST? I have the same problem, but with multiple scuba forums; scubatoys, scubaboard, and thedecostop are my stables with occasional visits to divematrix and direxplorers... Oh man, you are addicted.

Floater,...back...away...from...the...keyboard...s lowly.

Turn-off the computer. Go out the front door of your house. Do you see that bright disk in the sky? We call that The Sun. Do not be afraid of it. And that stuff you're smelling? Fresh air.:smilie39:

Diver Kat
08-26-2008, 08:15
Just ST? I have the same problem, but with multiple scuba forums; scubatoys, scubaboard, and thedecostop are my stables with occasional visits to divematrix and direxplorers... :smiley11: Geez ... don't give us any more board names! I'm already heavily into ST & SB .... if I get hooked on any more, I'll have to give up work & sleep entirely! :smiley13:

sravin1
08-26-2008, 09:13
Your problem dates back to the beginning of the forum is is well-known and documented.

http://forum.scubatoys.com/complaints-problems/1872-scubatoys-forum-taking-over-my-life.html

Welcome to internet scuba crack

dang!!!!!!! now i am reading posts from over a year ago.

what is wrong with me????

BlowingBubbles
08-26-2008, 11:03
I'm new to this and it is very entertaining. My husband has been a "forum junkie" for awhile now. I think he has forum envy now that I'm on too. Crud, he'll probably read this. Busted...

GIFFMANN
08-26-2008, 11:21
Between SCUBA, Bicycling and Guns, it's amazing how many forums show up in my history......

Vegas
08-26-2008, 12:22
Geez ... don't give us any more board names! I'm already heavily into ST & SB .... if I get hooked on any more, I'll have to give up work & sleep entirely! :smiley13:

Ya...
I hear ya...
Scubatoys is my home....
but I have some good e-friends at DivingTalk
and then, of course, LasVegasDivers.com for all the vegas locals....

....and I am just not going to comment on the "while I'm at work" thing.
I admit nothing.

Navy OnStar
08-26-2008, 12:28
I agree/resemble/am guilty of/concur with/addicted to/ and happy with what they said above.

Diver Kat
08-26-2008, 12:34
and then, of course, LasVegasDivers.com for all the vegas locals.... Vegas .... what are the odds of any diver, once exposed to Scuba Toys, not becoming addicted?? :smilie39:

....and I am just not going to comment on the "while I'm at work" thing.
I admit nothing. Work??? I have these at-work blackouts ... just can't remember what I did on the computer (or what I posted!) when I was out .... I think I feel one coming on!!:smiley2:

thagar
08-26-2008, 14:46
dang!!!!!!! now i am reading posts from over a year ago.

what is wrong with me????

That's ok I responded to a couple posts from over a year ago. I have been known to spend a lot of time on the forums. Has anyone seen my kids?

Vegas
08-26-2008, 14:59
Vegas .... what are the odds of any diver, once exposed to Scuba Toys, not becoming addicted?? :smilie39:

hmmm....I wouldn't try to calculate odds on something like that...but I'll be Caesar's would give you at least 100 to 1 on it. :smiley2:

Work??? I have these at-work blackouts ... just can't remember what I did on the computer (or what I posted!) when I was out .... I think I feel one coming on!!:smiley2:

...and though I am not a lawyer myself (nor do I play on TV) - I just work with them....I would however say (just as a layman, mind you) that that is probably a pretty good approach to take if ever questioned....

You know.....Like If you ever get caught sleeping at your desk...Once you wake up....just raise your head very slowly, keeping your eyes closed, and say quietly "Amen" before turning to address the one who has caught you.

Vegas
08-26-2008, 15:00
That's ok I responded to a couple posts from over a year ago. I have been known to spend a lot of time on the forums. Has anyone seen my kids?

....um....ya....they left for college last week....

Diver Kat
08-26-2008, 15:05
You know.....Like If you ever get caught sleeping at your desk...Once you wake up....just raise your head very slowly, keeping your eyes closed, and say quietly "Amen" before turning to address the one who has caught you.
Reminds me of a work incident .... employee was found sleeping under their desk. Apparently they did it frequently, but finally got caught by the supervisor because their feet were sticking out this time! :smilie39: If they'd followed your plan, they might still have a job!

gunnarman
08-26-2008, 19:01
type less, dive more. eer gurg,grunt moan.ooh-ooh-ooh. said the computer illiterate.

warscout2
08-26-2008, 21:09
just wait till its your birthday and all the forums email you. This year i have 8 different forums wishing me happy birthday

trekkindave
08-26-2008, 22:47
ok.. second night in a row.. i want to sleep.. but just had to check the "new posts" tab before i rolled over.... grrrrrr...

I have a problem and need help... there i said it.. thats the first step.....

Diver Kat
08-26-2008, 23:01
ok.. second night in a row.. i want to sleep.. but just had to check the "new posts" tab before i rolled over.... grrrrrr...

I have a problem and need help... there i said it.. thats the first step.....
Just remember ... you are not alone!! :smilie_allesgut:

thor
08-26-2008, 23:05
The only thing worse than the ST forum, is the Olympics. I'm actually having withdrawal from not being able to watch sports all night. I would even watch synchronized eating, if they gave out medals for it. I'm glad ST is here as a substitute .

Diver Kat
08-26-2008, 23:08
The only thing worse than the ST forum, is the Olympics. I'm actually having withdrawal from not being able to watch sports all night. I would even watch synchronized eating, if they gave out medals for it. I'm glad ST is here as a substitute . Yeah .. I wasn't really interested but was sucked in by the swimming and Michael Phelps, and then it was all downhill from there.

CompuDude
08-27-2008, 01:30
:lin:

Rookies. :smiley2:

MDDIVER
08-29-2008, 13:24
I run from this board to where they used to be at scuba board. I am just glad that I can't run to there store from MD. Then I would be in a lot of trouble. However I would be single with a lot more time for diving.

bubble-head
08-31-2008, 18:32
I totally know what you mean!

mrbheagney
08-31-2008, 20:23
Admitting it is the first step to recovery. I will accept any cash you want to pay me for replying to your threads too.