PDA

View Full Version : Best Mascara!! for water sports! rec's

Ladyvalea
08-26-2008, 16:31
Well, I do wear sun protection on my face and Burts Bees lip balm when I swim or Dive.. No real make-up! But I don't want to look like death!

So I found this Mascara."Kiss Me Mascara" Kiss Me Mascara (http://www.blincinc.com/us/kiss_me_mascara.php)Not the kind that bleed and make you look like a raccoon...But it tubes the lashes.. So if you do rub your eyes the tubes just fall off! it looks like tiny spider legs or your own eye lashes fallin off

But I really don't touch my eye to much!! did an all day dive test!
and the Mascara did not come off!!

Zenagirl
08-26-2008, 19:32
I've given up on any makeup while diving...heck, it isn't like my hair looks good either! <LOL> But thanks anyway, I'm sure someone will be very grateful to know there's a non-racooning mascara out there. :)

Diver Kat
08-26-2008, 19:36
Not much of a make-up person to begin with, so the only thing that goes diving with me is some chapstick .... besides that I dive with contacts in, so I don't need any chance mascara flakes running around in my mask ....

mselizann
08-27-2008, 08:43
I agree- I really don't wear makeup to begin with. I'd rather look a little "undecorated" as opposed to having any makeup flaking or running off my face.

cowgirldiver
08-27-2008, 11:44
I think I tried wearing mascara in the beginning. Gave up especially on those weeklong trips-by then all the guys you are around have seen you at quite possibly the worst you'll ever look (okay, there is always that one woman who looks spectacular no matter what) and if they still talk, joke, laugh with you (as opposed to laughing at you) they are good friends. You all know what I mean-you no longer have makeup on-your hair is in the strangest doo it could be and your nose is running. If you're really lucky, there is another woman who lets you know that any or all of the above are happening.

Diver Kat
08-27-2008, 13:49
Gave up especially on those weeklong trips-by then all the guys you are around have seen you at quite possibly the worst you'll ever look (okay, there is always that one woman who looks spectacular no matter what) and if they still talk, joke, laugh with you (as opposed to laughing at you) they are good friends. You all know what I mean-you no longer have makeup on-your hair is in the strangest doo it could be and your nose is running. If you're really lucky, there is another woman who lets you know that any or all of the above are happening. Ain't that the truth!! Thinking on it, diving is probably not something you want to do with a new boyfriend early in the relationship - unless you met diving! Might scare him off!! :smiley36:

cowgirldiver
08-27-2008, 17:14
Then again, if he stays, maybe its true love (or he's just a little strange....)

scubarobin
08-27-2008, 18:30
I am not a makeup wearer to begin with - I don't even own any mascara. After diving, when I pull my mask off, I am much more concerned with what is hanging out of my nose, than how long my lashes look! :smiley11:
~~as one of my friends says, before a dive you "buddy check" and after a dive you "boogie check".

:smiley20:

Diver Kat
08-27-2008, 18:44
Then again, if he stays, maybe its true love (or he's just a little strange....)
Or he needs diopters in his mask!! :smiley36:

~~as one of my friends says, before a dive you "buddy check" and after a dive you "boogie check".
Love it!! Never heard this one before!!:smilie39:

Splitlip
08-27-2008, 19:30
Really does not work too well for me.
http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/m/fashion_relief_departures_210907/fashion_relief_departures_25_wenn1584198.jpg

tndiverdude
08-31-2008, 00:28
My wife is starting to have vision problems. Too much light and he blurs. but she found that wearing eyeliner helps withe the glare. Like football players wearing those black lines. She been having trouble finding a sacar that doesnt burn. Hopefully this one she will like.

jimmy

sea princess
10-31-2008, 13:39
Thanks for the mascara info. I don't wear makeup diving just lots of sunscreen since i burn so easily and chapstick, but for swim parties or going out the night before a dive this stuff could be handy. I don't always get all the mascara off before going to bed and then i end up with racoon eyes after diving.
I figured out right away that diving is not a glam sport. Which makes me happy, less to do so early in the morning. I was floored to see some girls actually replacing their make-up inbetween dives when we went to san carlos. maybe they were insecure without make up. I know i look like a drowned river rat after a dive but i could care less. I am having fun!