PDA

View Full Version : ZX/ Flathead-VI vs ZX-50D

Quetzal
08-29-2008, 10:55
ZX/ Flathead-VI vs ZX-50D
What are your opinions?
At what depth would you notice a difference? 130'? , 150'? Or 200' plus?

Joe_Tucker
09-02-2008, 12:51
I love my flathead. It has proven to be super reliable, and while I haven't taken it to 200' yet I would have no hesitation to take it that deep if the dive called for it. It breaths super easy and the adjustments are great.

GIFFMANN
09-02-2008, 13:47
I've not had my Flathead at depth, but have been very pleased so far. I've also read nothing but excellent reviews of the Flathead on some of the technical diving forums, which really prompted my choice. Also, my dive buddy (Flatliner) and I decided to standardize as we move towards the Tech realm.

Aussie
09-02-2008, 16:05
ZX/ Flathead-VI vs ZX-50D
What are your opinions?
At what depth would you notice a difference? 130'? , 150'? Or 200' plus?

Dont forget to look at the Zeagle DSV with Zx second stage. Its as good or if not better in performance than the Flathhead.

The only reason to go the 50D is if you want the swivel in the first stage. Alot divers prefer the 50D for stages as they are more user friendly and have DSV or Flatheads for the primary cylinders.

I have dived passed 60m with my Flatheads and DSV and honestly I could not tell the difference between the two first stages.

ST has a sale of demo Zeagle Flatheads at a great pirce which might help you decide.

Also buy a DIN version as they give you a DIN Adaptor also.

Regards Mark

Bassoonin
09-02-2008, 22:52
I just recieved my 2 demo Flatheads with ZX octos. They don't look like demo regs at all. They look brand new. Now that I have them in my hand, I can't wait to use them!

I did a lot of research on them and they are one of the best regs on the market. Between that and on sale, I couldn't resist. One for me and one for my husband/dive buddy!

mm_dm
09-03-2008, 07:32
I just recieved my 2 demo Flatheads with ZX octos. They don't look like demo regs at all. They look brand new. Now that I have them in my hand, I can't wait to use them!

I did a lot of research on them and they are one of the best regs on the market. Between that and on sale, I couldn't resist. One for me and one for my husband/dive buddy!

I have both Flatheads and DS regs...I swear by them, especially at depth. The Flathead breathes as well at 150+ as it does at 20 feet. On a single tank it's a nice, low profile too...not sticking up high or out too far to bang you in the back of the head.

monant
09-21-2008, 15:33
I haven't used the ZX-50D but my flathead is absolutely awesome!

in_cavediver
09-21-2008, 18:25
I have the flathead and the DS4. I have also used the 50D as well. I've had them deep (200') and cold (ice diving) Frankly, I couldn't tell any difference. Get what you like.

WaScubaDude
09-21-2008, 20:34
Own both and they are fantastic. Can not tell the diff. Can say the flat head actualy breathes better then my ScubaPro Mk 25 /s-600 set up, as I tested them side by side.

Steph_Canada
10-12-2008, 09:58

Please give us an update once you have used them, I'm looking at thew same set-up for cold water dives

Cheers

Steph

Navy OnStar
10-12-2008, 16:39
I have a 50D on my pony tank and really like the swivel. I have not used a flathead for comparison but I have no complaints about the 50D.