PDA

View Full Version : Red Hair-help!

caroln
08-29-2008, 11:59
Anyone who dyes their hair red probably knows how much work it is to keep the red nice and vibrant, especially when you're spending a lot of time in the water. I bought a nice 'red' semi permanent hair color to just kick my red up a little bit and make it nice and fresh for going away this weekend. Only problem is, it's not red, it's PINK!!!! As in magenta, dark beautiful reddish purpley pink. It's a ridiculously cool color, but not remotely appropriate for a manager at an accounting firm.

As much as I love it, I have to fix it back to something vaguely resembling a natural hair color before I come back to work on Monday. I am naturally blond, so all the pieces around my face are now a light pink, and the rest as I mentioned is dark magenta/red pink. Errr any suggestions for a good red color to cover it up? Preferably something I can buy at common places like Sallys or something, and nothing that will wreck my hair. I like really dark reds, not orangey ones.

Any help would be much appreciated. I have to interview some people next week, and I don't think they'll take me too seriously with pink hair!!!

mselizann
08-29-2008, 12:23
oh my- I feel your pain. Ok-was it an auburn? Anything with a violet undertone will turn out pink on most shades of blonde.
how to fix it- you will need to pick up a brownish red filler. This has blue undertones that will balance out the pink-violet.
See if Sally's has Redken's Shades EQ, it's a demi permanent color, and should work.

caroln
08-29-2008, 14:04
Thank you!! I'll check that out tonight.

mselizann
08-29-2008, 14:12
Good luck! Once you put brown in it do not use any hot oil treatments, hot oil removes brown color. Oh my- poor girl.

Cheddarchick
08-29-2008, 18:53
Been there done that...mine turned bright orange.....Just in time for Halloween

mselizann
08-30-2008, 14:35
So- how did the hair fixing go?

Cheddarchick
08-30-2008, 17:21
yeah curious minds want to know

caroln
09-01-2008, 08:17
I haven't fixed it yet since we were away for the weekend. It's a shame I have to work (hehe) because it really is cool. A lot of people commented on it over the weekend. I will be fixing it back to boringness tonight.

Splitlip
09-01-2008, 09:28
I feel your pain Sista

http://www.poprock80s.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/carrottop.jpg

Cheddarchick
09-01-2008, 14:18
Does anyone but me think Carrottop has gone over the edge??????

shovelhead91701
09-01-2008, 14:35
Does anyone but me think Carrottop has gone over the edge??????

Was he ever on the proper side of said edge? :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Diver Kat
09-01-2008, 15:18
Does anyone but me think Carrottop has gone over the edge??????You're not alone .... he's gotten pretty scary-gross ...

mselizann
09-01-2008, 19:03
He is scary- he doesn't even look like a real human being any more.

BlowingBubbles
09-05-2008, 09:39
I feel your pain Sista

http://www.poprock80s.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/carrottop.jpg

That is so wrong on so many levels...:smiley11:

icandy6298
10-14-2008, 23:41
He totally freaks me out!!!

Grizbear98
10-14-2008, 23:57
eh, that's really unattractive

Cheddarchick
10-15-2008, 06:32
Do you think he is buck naked???? And loving his own image???? And who on earth took that picture?????

lvshell
10-15-2008, 08:31
that is pretty gross... I dont really wanna know that he's nekkid there. :smiley11:

aperkins
10-15-2008, 09:11
Carrot Top naked, every woman's (and for that matter man's) worst nightmare.:smiley36:

Foo2
10-15-2008, 10:37
I think I just threw up a little.

Moxie
10-20-2008, 12:00
Ummm, ewww. Yeah, he's about 100 miles past the edge. What exactly does he do anyway - is now just famous for being freaky? I can't remember seeing him do any stand up in the past 5 years.

mselizann
10-20-2008, 12:30
He has a regular show, in Vegas. I think I remember seeing the advertisements at the Luxor? the past few years........

Moxie
10-20-2008, 13:28
Ahhhhh... so that's where he went. Not a show I think I'd be inclined to see, but to each their own I suppose.

Eurodiver
10-22-2008, 13:21
Anyone who dyes their hair red probably knows how much work it is to keep the red nice and vibrant, especially when you're spending a lot of time in the water. I bought a nice 'red' semi permanent hair color to just kick my red up a little bit and make it nice and fresh for going away this weekend. Only problem is, it's not red, it's PINK!!!! As in magenta, dark beautiful reddish purpley pink. It's a ridiculously cool color, but not remotely appropriate for a manager at an accounting firm.

As much as I love it, I have to fix it back to something vaguely resembling a natural hair color before I come back to work on Monday. I am naturally blond, so all the pieces around my face are now a light pink, and the rest as I mentioned is dark magenta/red pink. Errr any suggestions for a good red color to cover it up? Preferably something I can buy at common places like Sallys or something, and nothing that will wreck my hair. I like really dark reds, not orangey ones.

Any help would be much appreciated. I have to interview some people next week, and I don't think they'll take me too seriously with pink hair!!!

My advice would have been seek a professional stylist.
As a professional hair stylist we have fought for years to get "box" color off the self. For a few good reasons. 1. You don't know how long it have been there and YES it does have a self life. 2. To make it legal to sell in a non professional place they add a metallic base to it and most hair stylist use a veggie based. When you put one on top of the other you have no clue what color you are going to come out. You MIGHT get close but most times no cigar. 3. Some young punk may have gone in and for example put at Black in a blond box or vise versa thinking it would be just the funniest thing to mess some one up like that. Not funny at all when you are paying a stylist $200++ to do a color correction. To me that is like taking a brain surgery kit you picked up at Wal-Mart and telling your best friend here use these it will turn out fine.
Me personally even before becoming a stylist I have never . . . ok once I used Pantene, one time and it took 6 months to get my hair back healthy. I would never ever use anything other than professional products on my hair.
Most people try to argue that "Oh the good stuff is so expensive" yes it is a bit more pricey but it is concentrated so you don't have to use as much. If you use more than 1 bottle of say 10oz shampoo in 2 months then you are shampooing to much or using way too much.

There are inexpensive place to get Professional prodcts. Order by the liter even cheaper and lasts longer. Some salons even offer a refill program.
This is one of my favorite places to get shampoo, conditioner, and styling products
Hair Products Sale | Discount Beauty Supply (http://www.spiralhaircase.com/index.html)

Hugs love peace and happy healthy hair

PS
Red hair the least amount of color molecules so it loses color almost twice as fast. It is one of the worst colors to try and maintain unless you are naturally that color .