PDA

View Full Version : Donning dry suit video, my experience

tonka97
09-01-2008, 08:55
YouTube - Whites Fusion drysuit donning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJDG64zJmak)

(BTW: that is not me in the video; I wish mine would go on this easily.)

My new Diving Concepts neoprene dry-suit is a challenge to don!! I ended up in front of the air conditioner, wondering whether to hobble to a neighbor's house to help get me out of it!:smiley5:

I wonder if any divers have actually suffocated on the neck seal of a dry suit? :smiley11:

I'm buying corn starch today. :smiley20:

I bet a LOT of hair is ripped from divers' heads with that shredding neoprene neck seal . I wonder if wearing a spandex swimmers cap would help donning.....I'll give it a try; this may be a reason for men to shave their heads.

I was unable to find a video on youtube of proper application of condom-pee-valve assembly.:smiley9:

Sorry.

pir8
09-01-2008, 09:17
One of the benefits of being folically chalanged

BoomerNJ
09-01-2008, 09:22
I wonder if any divers have actually suffocated on the neck seal of a dry suit? :smiley11:

You mean like this?

YouTube - Diver Nearly Dies Getting Out of Her Drysuit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4OXYxGH1eA&feature=related)

skdvr
09-01-2008, 17:57
Here is my fusion video

YouTube - Fusion Speed Test (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akaqL24uoyA)

Phil

BORG
09-01-2008, 21:46
I have found the greatest thing to get in and especially out of an drysuit. The generic version of KY Jelly at Wal-Mart. I put a little on my wrists when I get ready to get out of my Pinnacle EVO 2 drysuit and it's a snap, The wrist seals come right over my hands and presto, I'm out of the suit. Quick and simple. I'm going start putting a little on my neck to get the neck seals over my head as quick as well.

warscout2
09-02-2008, 01:23
I have found the greatest thing to get in and especially out of an drysuit. The generic version of KY Jelly at Wal-Mart. I put a little on my wrists when I get ready to get out of my Pinnacle EVO 2 drysuit and it's a snap, The wrist seals come right over my hands and presto, I'm out of the suit. Quick and simple. I'm going start putting a little on my neck to get the neck seals over my head as quick as well.
wow i just think that sounds kinky and i little expensive. would it work if you use something like dawn. We used to use it to put on water skis and it worked great.

BoomerNJ
09-02-2008, 06:11
wow i just think that sounds kinky and i little expensive. would it work if you use something like dawn. We used to use it to put on water skis and it worked great.

I know others that have tried different variations of dish soap & water & most have found that it gives them a rash... I use a little talc on all the seals when donning & it seems to help get it back off too...

tonka97
09-02-2008, 10:55

I know others that have tried different variations of dish soap & water & most have found that it gives them a rash... I use a little talc on all the seals when donning & it seems to help get it back off too...

Diving Concepts recommends corn starch...I'm trying this next. :smiley13:

My LDS strongly recommends diluted baby shampoo....(that is what I initially tried)

Living as a bachelor has its drawbacks at times!