PDA

View Full Version : SunLight C8 Dive Light - Batteries

snipe1c
08-13-2007, 10:00
I have been using a Sunlight C8 dive light for several years and love it. Just recently found out something very interesting about which batteries needed for this light. I had always used Duracell batteries with no problems but after my last night dive I picked up a pack of Eveready and installed them in my light. The light did not work. Will, I must have put them in wrong. No they were correct so I checked the bulbs (this light has a high and low beam light bulb). They looked good and I could not believe that both burned out at the same time, between battery changes. I looked at the batteries and discovered that the Duracell negative side protrudes out past the edges and the Eveready negative side is flush if not recessed just a little. The negative contact in the light housing looks like a flat donut with hole in the middle (if you put the batteries in wrong you cant hurt the bulbs). The Eveready batteries will not make contact with the negative side contacts. Check your dive lights and know which batteries you can use and if you travel outside of the US carry your batteries or check with the dive shop where you are going and make sure you can get what you need.

medic001918
08-13-2007, 12:54
Hmm...interesting. I'll have to try that. I have a C8 that I thought "died" because it wouldn't work when I got back from vacation one year. I sent it out for warranty and was told it was "fine" but couldn't get it to work. I'll have to try some Duracell's. Worst case scenario is that I end up with eight good batteries around the house. That way the Mrs. can have a light until we can get her an HID.

Shane

ScaredSilly
08-13-2007, 17:59
I have found this with some other batteries and lights as well. Princeton Tech was using a foam strip with a flat metal contact. No lighty with some batteries.

Phestr
08-14-2007, 07:27
That is very good to know. I have C8 eLed plus, and it came with Duracells in it. I wonder if that's a subliminal sign.

bolantej
08-19-2007, 02:09
just remember to PAY attention when you disassemble the thing. The first couple times I kept putting it together backwards. :)