PDA

View Full Version : Zanzibar and Pemba

mrbheagney
09-03-2008, 19:16
Fly to Tanzania, internal to Pemba Island, North of Zanzibar and check out Swahili Divers. Great diving off the coast of Pemba, cool guesthouse and all the craziness of Africa outsiide the main gate. I done my DM there and loved the place.

Steve Douglas
11-04-2008, 17:54
Keep in mind that diving Pemba is very 'time of year' based. The best time is in Jan-March. The best time to do a Kenyan safari is in Aug. during the animal migration, thus, the two trips do not necessarily go well together.
Steve

Scubakraut
12-05-2008, 21:06
I was there in Aug/September and loved diving off Zanzibar. Fantastic diving there.

mrm777
03-06-2009, 01:15
I was there in Aug/September and loved diving off Zanzibar. Fantastic diving there.

Wow, I can only imagine.....especially in this economy :>{

csky
03-06-2009, 23:32
Keep in mind that diving Pemba is very 'time of year' based. The best time is in Jan-March. The best time to do a Kenyan safari is in Aug. during the animal migration, thus, the two trips do not necessarily go well together.
Steve

I was in Tanzania in March/April and caught migration (maybe the other direction) on safari. So maybe it's not totally incompatible. Loved the diving in Zanzibar. To this day I'm sad I didn't make it to Pemba. One of the guys on the trip in Zanzibar raved about diving for the whole day.

sndc
08-10-2009, 12:07
I was diving in Zanzibar and Pemba in April this year (2009). Stunning diving, great people. . . but i found the Swahili Divers "guesthouse" to be a total rip off (found much better and for less money just a few k away) and it was filthy dirty and falling apart. I got the pics if u wana see!