PDA

View Full Version : What to buy...from Amazon.com

kong
09-04-2008, 23:01
Probably a weird question but my credit card gives me cash back in the form of amazon.com gift certificates. I use the card instead of cash and just pay it off at the end of the month, so I rack up the certificates rather quickly.

I have too many DVDs to watch and was wondering if anyone has had any experience buying gear from amazon. They have private sellers on there like eBay that sell from almost every brand imaginable. So far I only have my personal gear and am finishing my open water classes next week. I plan on eventually purchasing a reg setup from a trusted source (LDS or scubatoys).

Amazon has a few wetsuits that look ok. I was thinking about just getting smaller items such as a log book, dive knife, rash guard, dry bag, pretty much stuff that would be hard for someone to mess up. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or experiences through amazon?

mrbheagney
09-04-2008, 23:06
If it has a feedback system like Ebay just use that to make informed purchases.

SlvrDragon50
09-05-2008, 00:01
Amazon is pretty safe..

A lot of their stuff is really just reposting of the item from another website.

RMur
09-05-2008, 06:15
I bought my Seiko dive watch from a third party through Amazon. Excellent price and everything went fine. Saved at least $50 on the watch after shipping, etc.

chinacat46
09-05-2008, 06:50
I buy lots of dive related books from them(Fish ID mostly), The Blue Planet DVD set is very worth while as well and you might actually watch them.

Lj82
09-05-2008, 07:08
I bought my camera from Amazon and had it shipped to Singapore.
Prompt and reliable.
However I probably won't buy wetsuits over the internet, unless you know very sure if which size of that particular brand fits you

kong
09-05-2008, 09:58
Thanks for the suggestions. I will probably keep it to the one size fits all stuff (watches, cameras, etc..) and see what I can find. I'll check out those DVDs, Planet Earth was great and the two sound similar from what I have read about them.

drako
09-05-2008, 10:53
I bought all my dive books from Amazon (noaa dive manual, reef creatures etc)

bubble-head
09-05-2008, 12:29
I bought my Sony U/W camera housing via Amazon at a great price.

MSilvia
09-05-2008, 13:22
I got my Canon camera and housing there.