PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Divers

BusDiver
08-13-2007, 14:46
Hey All,

Who on here is from Michigan? Where are you diving? I am out of Grosse Pointe. We dive the St. Clair River, Charters out of Pt. Sanilac, the Ohio Quarries, Spring Mill, and will be trying this new quarry on Wednsday.

reservecops
08-13-2007, 19:49
Hey All,

Who on here is from Michigan? Where are you diving? I am out of Grosse Pointe. We dive the St. Clair River, Charters out of Pt. Sanilac, the Ohio Quarries, Spring Mill, and will be trying this new quarry on Wednsday.

I keep my boat up on Harsen's Island (a 30' Regal Commodore), but have yet to dive from her (just got certified a few months ago) or anywhere in the Michigan area (other than Spring Mill Pond, as I live out that way).

I used to keep her over at Emerald City Harbor, right next to Jefferson Beach Marina, within (probably) a couple of miles of you.

BusDiver
08-13-2007, 20:05
There is a wreck called the Wolf just north of where you keep your boat. It supposed to be a nice dive.

Two of us will be heading down to the Monroe Quarry to dive on Wednesday. Check out www.divemonroe. I personally am very geeked to have a new option to dive in Michigan. I love driving down to the quarries in Ohio but boy this will be kind.

Let me know if you want to come splash with us. We dive out of Sea-Side in St. Clair Shores.

crosseyed95
08-13-2007, 20:52
Menominee Michigan is where we normally take our boat out (Bay of Green Bay). Dive there plus St. Ignace, Munising, etc.

Also drive down to Manitowoc, Sheboygan Wisconsin area to hit those wrecks.

However, most of our diving is right in the Bay of Green Bay. We have 5 wrecks that are nice and still solid. Several others out there but they are broken up. We also have a small plane that went down in the 70's that dropped in about 200 yds from a wreck that sunk in the 1800's (what are the chances of that??)

Wifey and I are headed to either Munising or St. Ignace this weekend. So far the weather seems to be either a hit or miss in these areas so hopefully we'll have enough good weather for some dives.

We don't have lots of quarry's up here. We have one in Wisconsin that is used for training by several shops. However, pretty much everything else is closed to the public (you need to know someone who knows someone who owes someone a favor)..... I've been looking at pictures from the quarries down there and several of there look very nice.

Darthwader
08-26-2007, 09:57
Escanaba here. I'm grounded so mainly stick to accessible shore dives.
Hopefully, I'd like to hit Snail shell harbor in fayette before the end of the season.