PDA

View Full Version : Zeagle Back plate

trekkindave
09-06-2008, 16:20
Hi.. I am not going to go tech yet, but was wondering if it was possible to hook my ranger wing into a zeagle backplate? It would be nice so i dont need to but another wing...

Aussie
09-06-2008, 20:09
Hi.. I am not going to go tech yet, but was wondering if it was possible to hook my ranger wing into a zeagle backplate? It would be nice so i dont need to but another wing...

Thats how I started a few years ago. I just took my wing off my ranger and bolted it onto a Zeagle Backplate.

You dont have to be doing Tech to dive a BPW and you will find like alot of others in this forum that once you start diving with a BPW you dont go back to a normal BCD (even an excellent one like the ranger).

If your just doing local diving I recommend the SS backplate but if your in tropical water or doing alot of travelling and diving buy an Ally BP.

Regards Mark

trekkindave
09-06-2008, 20:17
Thanks for the heads up. Just one question though if you dont mind.

Are the wings connected to back plate in a complicated way or is it a simple swap over

Aussie
09-06-2008, 21:27
Thanks for the heads up. Just one question though if you dont mind.

Are the wings connected to back plate in a complicated way or is it a simple swap over

Its every simple.

You see the 4 metal clips on your ranger wing? They simply are bolted onto the Zeagle Backplate with a set of stainless nuts and bolts. The just line up with precut holes in the backplate. It takes you less than 10min to change over.

Its really worth while and I couldnt recommend it strongly enough to you.

I use the deluxe harness and shoulder pads, weight pockets for the backplates and also the 2 inch crotch strap.

Regards Mark

Aquatrax
09-07-2008, 18:27
I just did this with my Brigade. i got the Zeagle aluminum bp and a basic hog harness. The wing screws right on to the plate like Aussie said, use the tank straps from the Ranger and get the STA and you are good to go. Dove the new rig at CSSP today, 3mm suit, HP100 tank and no lead. Sweet Ride!

HuntsDesk
12-04-2008, 14:46
Great. I think I'm going to buy a Ranger LTD with the Christmas price drop and was hoping I could use the wing with a bp if I decided to 'grow' into that direction. That would have the wing covered. . . would just need a bp & h.

demisvmax
12-24-2008, 14:43
Its every simple.

You see the 4 metal clips on your ranger wing? They simply are bolted onto the Zeagle Backplate with a set of stainless nuts and bolts. The just line up with precut holes in the backplate. It takes you less than 10min to change over.

I use the deluxe harness and shoulder pads, weight pockets for the backplates and also the 2 inch crotch strap.

Regards Mark

I am considering to switch to BP/W but today that I checked I found out that my Ranger doesn't have 4 metal clips but only two clips on one side and long webbing on the other side!
Anyone knows how to connect this (older version) Ranger wing on a Zeagle backplate? I was just getting ready to buy the backplate as a present to myself :smiley2: but now everything was put on a hold!
Any feedback appreciated!

imasinker
12-24-2008, 16:58
Great. I think I'm going to buy a Ranger LTD with the Christmas price drop and was hoping I could use the wing with a bp if I decided to 'grow' into that direction. That would have the wing covered. . . would just need a bp & h.

Why not just buy a BP/Wing now?..
Your going to spend more money for the weight pouches for the BC that will be useless once you go to BP/W, and then all the shot pouches will need a pouch belt, bulky.
..Buy a BP/Wing save a bit of money, buy some webbing and make your own harness? still be cheaper, trust me once you pull that kit apart and make a BP/Wing you wont go back to BC.

Just a though!

crpntr133
12-30-2008, 23:32
Its every simple.

Regards Mark

I am considering to switch to BP/W but today that I checked I found out that my Ranger doesn't have 4 metal clips but only two clips on one side and long webbing on the other side!
Anyone knows how to connect this (older version) Ranger wing on a Zeagle backplate? I was just getting ready to buy the backplate as a present to myself :smiley2: but now everything was put on a hold!
Any feedback appreciated!
Call Zeagle I am sure they can take care of it.

demisvmax
12-31-2008, 05:42
Thanks. I would call them, but living in Europe and with the time difference that is a bit of a problem. I posted here hoping that somebody might encountered the same problem, or even Scott might see this and provide some feedback.

ScottZeagle
12-31-2008, 08:49
Thanks. I would call them, but living in Europe and with the time difference that is a bit of a problem. I posted here hoping that somebody might encountered the same problem, or even Scott might see this and provide some feedback.

About the only thing you can do is send the bladder cover to us, and we can adapt it to work on the backplates....or buy a new bladder with the proper hook-ups.

Scott

demisvmax
01-02-2009, 05:10
Thanks Scott.
Sending the wing from Europe to you probably will be costly and buying a new bladder now will change my original plans to keep cost low. I already ordered the basic harness from ST and probably will get the ss backplate from the new Zeagle agents here in Cyprus. I will play with them for a while (even attempt to fit the existing bladder to the backplate) and later on I will get myself a wing. I managed to find a friend with a Halcyon set up and he is willing to let me dive with it. For now I just hope the weather will get better.

firstdive2005
01-02-2009, 12:37
Ok I feel I'm slipping to the dark side. I have a brigade and love it. I have several friends that dive BP/W and they now call me the ugly duckling, I'm easily influence and marginally stupid so I need help from people I probably will never meet. =) I wondering what is the cost (Canadian) to rig a BP/W I dont think I would take apart the brigade, I would sell it. THEY say you cant go back. Or is it better to buy a rig already done up? Am I just going to save 50$ building my own BP. I also know I will be heading to doubles. I doing the advanced deco(TDI) shortly.