PDA

View Full Version : Lidell or Evans

thesmoothdome
09-06-2008, 21:32
I know Black Gorilla is still out there. Any other MMA fans?

BoomerNJ
09-06-2008, 22:18
I would love to see Lidell take it to him... Evans is a good fighter though, powerful puncher & very good ground game... I wish I wasn't so cheap (and not at work) so I could watch it...

thesmoothdome
09-06-2008, 22:29
I just don't think Evans will be able to take Lidell down and even if he does, I think Lidell's got more BJJ experience just based on years of MMA experience.

Hamill vs. Franklin is about to start. Another fight where I have a trouble choosing a winner or even someone to not root for.

rktman26
09-07-2008, 13:39
Did not see that coming!!!! (Liddell v Evans).

He put a hurting on him. I thought they were going to have to carry him out on a gurney.

Black-Gorrilla
09-07-2008, 22:13
i did not see this before the fights... but i would have been in here with this

"Chuck has more experience... even coming from a few loses i have him at an advantage because of his stand-up... Rashad is gonna go in and bop his head around like a dummy and get it punched off"

guess i would have been way wrong!!!

I think chuck is on the way out of the UFC... too many great younger fighters.

now... Brock vs. Randy is gonna be something... Brock is a beast, but Randy has brains... thats a clasic strugle, Smarts vs. Muscles.

rktman26
09-07-2008, 22:21
Lesnar vs. Couture should be exciting. Lesnar's a MONSTER, but Couture isn't a punk, either. He had his way with Tim Sylvia when they fought, for all 25 minutes.

I'm looking forward to that one.

Black-Gorrilla
09-09-2008, 03:11
Lesnar vs. Couture should be exciting. Lesnar's a MONSTER, but Couture isn't a punk, either. He had his way with Tim Sylvia when they fought, for all 25 minutes.

I'm looking forward to that one.

as much as i like the fights that go the distance... i Love the fights that end early... and i see that fight ending by middle of the second at the very latest!!
Brock is built like a wall, but lacks all the experience that Randy has (im not saying he's gonna lose... but he's not as experienced)
I see Brock being a bit more careful with Randy than he was with Ledger, but still gonna be offensive cause he has the size and power to manhandle Randy a bit.
Randy is a big guy, and he's a smart guy... i think he's not gonna be on the defensive end like Brock might be expecting, i actually think randy is gonna set the pace for this fight... Brock has to be careful with Randy, and has to be a bit afraid to just run in there, and if he's not... he's gonna get a face full of Randy's fists.

This is gonna be within the top 5 fights of the year for sure.

I wanna see forest griffin fight Rashad evans.

shawnwill36
10-27-2008, 08:23
have they fought yet?

mitsuguy
11-18-2008, 07:30
have they fought yet?

lesnar beat couture, mid second round... hit him in the side of the head, rattled him, he went down... all over...

pretty good fight, though it was short...

James1010
11-18-2008, 08:03
Lesnar is a tank, if anyone is to beat him the time is now. When he learns submission skills and good defense without using his strength he's going to be nasty. But I can't think of his name right now, total brain fart. But he was the fella who move right away to the umaplata right after he was taken down. He didn't do good in the ultimate fighter but now he has his skills and is going to be a force to rekon with. I am a fan of MMA. I took Jin Jitsu for ruffly six years while I was in the service. I was tired of going out to the bar back in the young and dumb military age and getting my butt whooped.

teerlkay
11-19-2008, 14:55
give Brock a good fight:
Mir - already beat him and might be able to do so again
Nog - can take huge amounts of punishment before submitting opponent
Carwin
Valasquez

and that's just in the UFC

AA, Fedor, and Barnett could all kick his a$$

Randy was tailor made for him - a wrestler (Brocks better), small, with very few submission skills - plus he's old as dirt

mitsuguy
11-19-2008, 17:44
give Brock a good fight:
Mir - already beat him and might be able to do so again
Nog - can take huge amounts of punishment before submitting opponent
Carwin
Valasquez

and that's just in the UFC

Randy was tailor made for him - a wrestler (Brocks better), small, with very few submission skills - plus he's old as dirt

I suppose we'll see... Noguera isn't as good as everyone makes him out to be... Mir did put a hurtin on Brock, but I think he's learned his lesson - he was quite cautious with Couture... The problem any and all of them will have with Lesnar is his overall size and strength... anyone that is physically fit and has to cut weight just to be in the heavyweight class is a huge dude... Couture was fighting at just over 220 and obviously didn't cut any weight for it... No one in that class cuts weight that I know of... I personally thought the fight for championship was too earlyin his career, but, if he can defend it, all the better for him...

James1010
11-19-2008, 17:47
Mir didn't put any type of hurtin on Lesnar. Lesnar was on top throwing blows but Mir caught him in an ankle lock. But if anyone is to beat lesnar now is the time because he doesn't have any submission skills or defense. He will be a beast when he learns submissions and so fourth.

mitsuguy
11-19-2008, 17:53
Mir didn't put any type of hurtin on Lesnar. Lesnar was on top throwing blows but Mir caught him in an ankle lock. But if anyone is to beat lesnar now is the time because he doesn't have any submission skills or defense. He will be a beast when he learns submissions and so fourth.

that's what I meant by hurtin... :)

I really thought that fight with Mir shoulda been over wellll before it was...

Black-Gorrilla
11-19-2008, 22:19
give Brock a good fight:

out of that list... honestly, i only see Fedor taking on Brock

teerlkay
11-20-2008, 07:04
you must not have seen too many of his fights? I agree that someday all the punishment will catch up to him but...Outstanding BJJ, trains at a great camp, good standup and, most importantly, he fights different. Randy is used to imposing his will, which he couldn't do against lesnar. Nog doesn't fight like that - he doesn't dictate the match until he wins!

Lesnar is only going to get better but to think if he wins his next few no one can touch him is wrong - IMO

Styles make fights - Randy was made for lesner. AA (although his glass chin might shatter) or Nog would give him many more problems - whenever they fight. The young guns (Carwin and Valasquez) match up well with size and strength

Black-Gorrilla
11-20-2008, 19:22
^^ You make some valid points... but...

I think that the way Brock is right now, it would take someone with experience, Power, and a Steel Chin to take him out... The guy that stands out is IMO Fedor... He has the drive, and the talent to stop a tank.
Brock might have the size on (well, anyone pretty much) but he is very green compared to Fedor who has done some big time damage.
Nogueira fights weird... he wins... but takes a crazy beating before winning... i dont get it... and he looks kinda out of it when he fights...
Gonzaga is big, and has strength... but i dont see the conditioning to keep up with Brock's 1000mile an hour pace for more than a round and a half. he's a big guy, but different body type... If Gonsaga gets into much better shape i see him having a bit more than 50/50 chance to win.

teerlkay
11-22-2008, 10:24
moving on - BJ or GSP?

mitsuguy
11-22-2008, 17:43
moving on - BJ or GSP?

GSP...

BJ can take a beating, GSP is too technical...