PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into diving

hawk1278
09-10-2008, 14:18
Thought I would pop in, introduce myself, and say hello. I already posted this in the introduction and welcome forum at the top of the main forum page but figured since I live in Maryland/Mid-Atlantic area I would drop in and say hello here to.

Got certified OW and AOW back in '01 when I lived in AL. Did a pretty good amount of diving back then. Moved up to the DC area in '03 after about 18 months over seas. I got the wife certified in '04 and we did a little diving then but have not done much since then. I did do some diving at the end of August this year and I am trying to get back into the sport. Unfortunately my wife is not as much into diving as I am. I currently live around Laurel, MD.

GIFFMANN
09-10-2008, 14:39
Welcome back! My wife is a non-diver, so it is a challenge to "find" time to get out. Luckily, one of my best friend's got certified last year and he brings his son, who is quite close to 2 of my boys, so that helps.

Being as close to the ocean as you are, don't waste the opportunity!!!

MDDIVER
09-10-2008, 18:13
Glad to see your getting back in to it. What do you do? What kind of hrs and days off to you have?

hawk1278
09-11-2008, 09:40
I'm a system administrator. I work 8 to 4 or 7 to 4 typically. Sometimes I pull long days. I do strongman/powerlifting training a couple days out of the week. I train on Saturdays sometimes too but I am not as serious about it as I used to be and would be happy to skip a training session to go diving.

bubble-head
09-11-2008, 11:54
Hi! It's good to hear you've gotten back into diving. I did the same thing a few years ago and can't believe I was away from it for a few years. Do you have any upcoming dives planned?

hawk1278
09-11-2008, 13:11
Well I was going to try to dive Millbrook over in Haymarket, VA next weekend. It's about 45 mins to an hour from my house. I just need to find someone to dive with.