PDA

View Full Version : No one else is around :-(

trekkindave
09-14-2008, 05:57
So I came into work today wanting to do nothing more then hit the forums....

BUT NO ONE ELSE IS AROUND!!!

its 0700 now on the east coast and I expect that everyone is either getting up to start their day or head out to dive... and here i am stuck in a sea side town staring at the water, but having to work... boo hoo for me.

maybe I will go to 7-11 and get me a cup of GO juice and sit at the water until someone wants to go to the hospital.

Or i can order my dive rite primary reel and hope that if they ship it I can have it overnighted for my tuesday dive...

Bigg_Budd
09-14-2008, 07:13
At least you can see the ocean, dude.

trekkindave
09-14-2008, 07:19
yea, thats the bright side to it all... its over cast and crappy here though.. probably a little better then the weather in texas

bubble-head
09-14-2008, 07:23
It would be a no-brainer for me...order the reel. I have a Dive Rite primary and really like it.

Bigg_Budd
09-14-2008, 07:27
probably a little better then the weather in texas

Nothing but blue skies here in Dallas. Ike was but a weak fall shower by the time it got to Dallas. I"m kind of dissapointed. I was looking forward to 70 mph winds and 10 inches of rain...

bubble-head
09-14-2008, 07:29
We need the rain here in VA. A little came in from Hanna but the soil soaked it up so fast you couldn't even tell the next day.

mitsuguy
09-14-2008, 07:34
probably a little better then the weather in texas

Nothing but blue skies here in Dallas. Ike was but a weak fall shower by the time it got to Dallas. I"m kind of dissapointed. I was looking forward to 70 mph winds and 10 inches of rain...

it barely rained here in SA too, and originally we were supposed to get that kind of mess too...

disappointed, yup... I'm weird like that - I like bad weather...

anyways...

I get to go do more DM training today... so, classroom and pool all day...

BillS
09-14-2008, 07:44
Mostly clear skys here in southwest Missouri this morning. Looks like about all we're going go get out of Ike were some showers yesterday evening. Prior to that it was a beautiful day.

We held a "Project Aware" clean up on Table Rock Lake yesterday. Had a fair turn out and great fun.

I'll probably try to dive again this afternoon. :smiley20:

bubble-head
09-14-2008, 08:02
Awesome! I wish we had similar clean up dives here in VA. Have fun diving today.

Vercingetorix
09-14-2008, 09:24
Like Big Budd said, we had little rain here in the DFW area.

Also, at least you can see the ocean. In Dallas, I have to drive about an hour to see water...Clear Springs...a quarry.

Now THERE's a boo-hoo...