PDA

View Full Version : Leisure Pro

trekkindave
09-14-2008, 13:25
So I noticed that Leisure Pro had the dive rite primary reel i was eyeing up on sale.

I called them and tried to order one and the guy on the phone laughed at me when i asked about overnight shipping. The reel was on sale for what amounted to be 50% off what it would have sold for locally, and even with overnight shipping it was still cheaper then local.

The reel cost $64. overnight shipping was $29. This ensured that I would have it for my tuesday dive, and still saved me over 40 dollars from local.

i guess Im just venting that the leisure pro guy laughed at me for wanting to get it overnight at half the cost of the reel... but screw him .. I saved money overall and will have my toy for my next dive.

reactive
09-14-2008, 14:36
You do know that ScubaToys will price match, right?

trekkindave
09-14-2008, 14:45
no i didnt.. now i know.... and knowing is half the battle...

sorry larry and joe. next time.. you guys get a phone call.. and i get less aggrivation!!

Panmanmatt
09-14-2008, 14:47
You do also realize that Leisure pro is not an authorized Dive Rite dealer and the reason they sell DR stuff so cheaply is that you get no warranty with it.

I am not sure ST would price match in this instance being as LP isn't an authorized dealer.

Jack Hammer
09-14-2008, 22:25
You do also realize that Leisure pro is not an authorized Dive Rite dealer and the reason they sell DR stuff so cheaply is that you get no warranty with it.

I am not sure ST would price match in this instance being as LP isn't an authorized dealer.
ST price matched a Dive Rite sidewinder primary for me that Leisure Pro had for $125 (ST listed it at $166). Plus I had it in hand in two days, with the free shipping.

Jack

Lj82
09-14-2008, 22:30
My experience with LeisurePro was not very nice.
Asked them questions regarding a certain item and received very curt answers from them. They score very badly in terms of customer service for me.

cmburch
09-14-2008, 23:20
I have always had excellent customer service with LP. I have been doing business with Adorama and LP when they were a mail/telephone order house. I recently ordered a DR product from LP. I would talk directly or e-mail LP about the incident so that they can correct their lack of professionalism by laughing at a customer's request. I would contact LP about the warranty. There is one. ST would not price match DR in my case. In fact, the prior LP complaint thread where I posted my experience was deleted by ST.

ScubaToys Larry
09-15-2008, 05:00
I have always had excellent customer service with LP. I have been doing business with Adorama and LP when they were a mail/telephone order house. I recently ordered a DR product from LP. I would talk directly or e-mail LP about the incident so that they can correct their lack of professionalism by laughing at a customer's request. I would contact LP about the warranty. There is one. ST would not price match DR in my case. In fact, the prior LP complaint thread where I posted my experience was deleted by ST.

That thread was not deleted because you defended them, it was deleted because others attacked them, and posts were being made that went more into their religion than scuba, and I had several people PM me that they found the thread was getting offensive to them for those reasons.

And concerning warranty, DR does not warranty products sold through gray market outlets but some gray market sellers supply their warranty, which means any problems must go back through them instead of through dive rite directly, or any authorized dealer.

We can match pricing probably 99% of the time. There are situations however when if a manufacturer closes out a product, and we did not purchase the closeout - we might not even have access to a particular item or that price - but anytime - feel free to give us a call and we'll always see what we can do.

sravin1
09-16-2008, 17:31
ST price matched a LP quote for me. no problems

snoballz
09-16-2008, 18:57
LP is about a 15 minute walk from me but I haven't bought a single item there.

I never had a need.

:smiley16:

RMur
09-16-2008, 19:27
I too have had some seemingly condescending feedback from LeisurePro sales representatives. I received a bottle of wetsuit cleaning solution about 2/3 of which had leaked all over the other items in the box.

When I called to ask them to send another bottle they were very funny about it. Perhaps they thought I was messing with them - but frankly I was kind of annoyed that my new toys had soap all over them. Nothing that wouldn't wash off - but a pain in the neck for me.

Would have been nice if their sales person said "sorry about the problem, let me help". Instead I got the 3rd degree about the purchase and the condition of the bottle before they would replace it.

Definitely moved them down on my list.

fireflock
09-16-2008, 20:19
Just remember that you're dealing with guys from Manhattan instead of guys from Texas next time you think LP is being short or rude. That difference accounts for probably 3/4 of it, I bet. You would find the same 'attitude' at 90% of the phone/mail order/internet retailers in Manhattan. It's just a different pace and a different place.

I understand why people like the Texas pace a little better.

LaCroix42
09-16-2008, 21:36
Actually, on some things, ST is already price matching LP. Out of curiosity I recently took a quick look-see at a few items I'm moderately interested in and found either the same price, or no more than $2 difference on most of the items I checked.

Food for thought, my personal preference is to pay for service. Even if you are paying $10-$30 more to ST, you're getting their customer service and a manufacturer's warranty. Makes it worth it to me not having to ship my equipment off every time I need service.

BlowingBubbles
09-17-2008, 11:18

That thread was not deleted because you defended them, it was deleted because others attacked them, and posts were being made that went more into their religion than scuba, and I had several people PM me that they found the thread was getting offensive to them for those reasons.

Larry, doesn't ST notify why they delete threads to the originator of the thread so there isn't a misunderstanding, as in the case of CMBURCH? Or maybe the originators have indicated at some time in the past that they don't care?

thor
09-17-2008, 13:34
I've said it once and I'll say it again:

I have shopped with both LP and ST. LP is local for me, so it is very convenient if I want to see a product or may have to return something. I have returned things there in the past and their customer service has been great. I have never ordered anything from them on the phone. They have their own warranty which matches the manufacturer's warranty, if they are not an authorized dealer for a particular product. I have never noticed any attitude from them, but maybe that is because I am used to N.Y.ers. Plus they have great free candy.

ST has price matched LP quoted prices in the past. For high end items such as cameras, regs etc, I will almost always use ST or my own LDS, because I know they are backed by the manufacturer and I don't have to worry about the potential for "grey market". ST has always had great customer service, and everything arrives within a couple of days of ordering. I have never bought anything from them in person. I have never gotten any candy from ST. If ST were local for me, I would have no choice but to buy everything from them.

cmburch
09-17-2008, 16:32

Larry, doesn't ST notify why they delete threads to the originator of the thread so there isn't a misunderstanding, as in the case of CMBURCH? Or maybe the originators have indicated at some time in the past that they don't care?

I knew that it was deleted due to the comments getting out of hand. Not because of my posting a positive experience with LP. There was also a thread about McCain's running mate, Palin, that got deleted due to its sexual nature, I assume. Some people like to vent and this is a good place to get it out.

BlowingBubbles
09-18-2008, 06:22

I knew that it was deleted due to the comments getting out of hand. Not because of my posting a positive experience with LP. There was also a thread about McCain's running mate, Palin, that got deleted due to its sexual nature, I assume. Some people like to vent and this is a good place to get it out.

Gotcha.

Joe L
09-18-2008, 07:30
I have noticed tha LP has some items covered by Manuf. Warranty and some just covered by their warranty. I assume that they are auth. by some. I am in Upstate NY and if I need something quick LP has always shipped same day I ordered and I've had it the next day. That's ONLINE. When I have called LP, I did find sales folks very pushy.
When it was time for my wetsuit, after talking to ST a few times on the phone, and yes they were fantastic, I ordered from ST. Sure shipping from TX. takes longer but, I was more comfortable.

Souvy
09-18-2008, 12:55
LP was local for me and I went in a few times. There was always a long wait but when I did get helped, the service was good. I think that they may catch some grief due to their being an NYC store (used to a bit of a different pace) dealing with customers who are not so used to it. I'm not saying it's right, but I'm just saying that it's something to consider.

Now that I've moved away, I only use LP if it's something that I absolutely need ASAP or that Scubatoys doesn't have. Scubatoys' customer service really can't be beat and like LaCroix42 mentioned, their prices are on par with LP. I'd much rather pay the extra few bucks to support such great service. Free shipping over $50 doesn't hurt either, I always end up needed something like a snap bolt and ending up with a whole box of goodies :)

cmburch
09-18-2008, 15:37
http://www.leisurepro.com/Content/LPOperation.html

Link about LP operations. Contact them directly about negative customer impressions on LP would probably be best.

ST forum is a good place to express concerns though. And to just really gripe, whine, and let it out if need be.

emalebiga
09-19-2008, 08:53

I have never gotten any candy from ST. If ST were local for me, I would have no choice but to buy everything from them.

How dare they!!! I am actually looking at my mints for Scubatoys right now. Got a set of items last week and there were mints in the box. If I remember right LP gives warheads right? Sorry ST but warheads are better then mints. However if on my next order you want load me up on scubatoys.com branded candies I will distribute them to people I know in the dive community.

thor
09-19-2008, 09:21

I have never gotten any candy from ST. If ST were local for me, I would have no choice but to buy everything from them.

How dare they!!! I am actually looking at my mints for Scubatoys right now. Got a set of items last week and there were mints in the box. If I remember right LP gives warheads right? Sorry ST but warheads are better then mints. However if on my next order you want load me up on scubatoys.com branded candies I will distribute them to people I know in the dive community.

Actually, they have these warhead-like candies, but they are from Israel. Delicious fruity sour goodness, and much better than mints.

The only thing better would be if ST included ginger candy in their packages, instead of mints. That way, at least it would be useful and dive related.

cmburch
09-19-2008, 09:51
This warhead is the only one I am interested in:
JBL Spearguns (http://www.jblspearguns.com/breakaway.html)

Long-range devastation. The Warhead is the ultimate weapon against large fish. Its deadly accuracy is a result of tight tolerances and precise fit and finish. A multi dimension seating adapter virtually eliminates accidental slip off while ensuring perfect deployment on your target.

thagar
09-19-2008, 19:30
I didn't get any candy with my order either. :(

Bassoonin
09-21-2008, 00:10
We're supposed to get candy? I never got any candy. I feel unloved now. I want my mommy!:smiley19::smiley19::smiley19::smiley19:

DiverD66
09-21-2008, 09:36
I too have purchased from Leisure Pro, with no problems. On on instance, I did return the item as I wasnt aware that they weren't an authorized dealer, so the warranty from the manufacturer wasnt any good. They were very good about taking the item back (it was new and hadn't been used), and refunded the full amount, no questions asked. I can tell you that from now on, I am going to be SURE to purchase from an authorized dealer, and will definately and ALWAYS check ST, but my experiences with Leisure Pro weren't bad at all...:smiley9:

beperkins
10-16-2008, 07:10
I have dealt with LP and got the feeling that they did not mean any harm they were just brash New Yorkers. But now that I know I will be doing all my business at ST.