PDA

View Full Version : New Ear drops?

trekkindave
09-14-2008, 14:47
just found these as a link off of my facebook home page...
http://www.surferseardrops.com/

anyone use them..

(opening the door for some "ear beer" chatter i suppose)

Barberman
09-14-2008, 22:01
WOW for $25 bucks a bottle I think I will stick to ear beer. It's prob about the same stuff anyway.

matt151617
09-14-2008, 22:33
I don't see how an ear drop could do anything to bone growth... probably it's just some form of topical anesthetic, like lidocane.

Sansho
09-14-2008, 22:35
From the FAQ, ingredients: Each 1 mL contains homeopathic: Cichorium 30C, 6 mcL; Stramonium 30C, 6 mcL; and essences: Cypraeidae spp., 8.4 mcL; Angelica archangelica, 3.6 mcL; Prunus persica, 7.2mcL.

cummings66
09-15-2008, 08:54
I looked up those ingredients and to be honest some of them are downright scary and although you're not drinking it, I wonder if that's not what those surfer boys use it for. A legal means to get a buzz...

I think I'll stick to the traditional means.

UCFKnightDiver
09-15-2008, 09:33
yep ill stick to ear beer its been working great so far and is simple to mix/make why change it

texdiveguy
09-15-2008, 09:40
Ear beer for me...its works!

mwhities
09-15-2008, 09:47
Ear beer for me...its works!

Ditto.

CompuDude
09-15-2008, 15:30
If you read the link on the web page, this is for Surfer's Ear (bony buildup - Diffuse Exostosis), not Swimmer's Ear (ear infection - Otitis Externa).

Surfer's ear is from constant exposure to really cold water directly in the ear (since surfers rarely wear hoods, even in cold water, since their heads stay above water most of the time).

Swimmer's Ear is the ear infection you can get from the critters in nasty water, and is far more common among divers... if the water is cold enough to cause Surfer's Ear, a diver will be wearing a hood, which allows the water to warm up enough that Surfer's Ear is not as big of a problem for divers, although it can happen.

Surfer's Ear - DAN Divers Alert Network (http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/medical/faq/faq.aspx?faqid=196)

I've been diving in Cold SoCal waters (with a hood) for a long time now, and haven't had an issue with Surfer's Ear. Swimmer's Ear, OTOH, I've had miserable times with. Cheap homemade Ear Beer, when used religiously, completely eliminated my Swimmer's Ear issues.