PDA

View Full Version : Balmorhea closed - other ideas?

mitsuguy
09-16-2008, 15:29
So, the wife and I were gonna go camping and diving at Balmorhea next week, and I just got a call from Texas parks and wildlife... Due to excessive rain, the "pool" is closed, and they'll move me to another park, another date, or refund altogether...

I have the days off and was looking forward to this obviously, but, that obviously won't work...

Any ideas where I could do similar in texas anywhere that is worth diving actually???

Diver Kat
09-16-2008, 15:45
So, the wife and I were gonna go camping and diving at Balmorhea next week, and I just got a call from Texas parks and wildlife... Due to excessive rain, the "pool" is closed, and they'll move me to another park, another date, or refund altogether...

I have the days off and was looking forward to this obviously, but, that obviously won't work...

Any ideas where I could do similar in texas anywhere that is worth diving actually???
You could always come up to Lake Travis - the water is a bit low, and the viz isn't as nice as Balmorhea, but it's wet and there's diving!

Zyxistal
09-16-2008, 15:53
The Comal makes for a fun drift dive.

mitsuguy
09-16-2008, 21:45
The Comal makes for a fun drift dive.

I do the Comal 1-2 times per week...

And for Lake Travis, we thought about it... still might...

blah...