PDA

View Full Version : FYI- good book

texdiveguy
09-17-2008, 19:20
Just in the past few days received my copy of Exploration and Mixed Gas Diving Encyclopedia co-authored by Tom Mount and Joseph Dituri, IANTD 2008.

Looks to be a great volume and offers the technical diver a good core source of information. I own and have often referred to Tom Mounts previous Encyclopedia, but this is a major over haul and update to that text plus offers much more data.

The attached link will give you a thumb nail outline of the book and just one source of its purchase (Peter at Add Helium does a great job for his customers, this is were I purchased my copy). The Tao of Survival Underwater (http://addheliumstore.com/the-tao-of-survival-underwater.html)

Anyways just wanted to pass this on to those whom might find the text of interest.

:)

fire diver
09-18-2008, 19:23
I got an ad for this book a couple days ago, and have been meaning to order it. Thanks for the recommendation.

texdiveguy
09-18-2008, 21:10
I got an ad for this book a couple days ago, and have been meaning to order it. Thanks for the recommendation.

I hope you like it.....it from what I have had time to read is good and offers food for thought....as with all publications I am sure I will not find all the 400 pages interesting.

drako
09-18-2008, 22:53
Thanks, I am always trying to pick up new info on books. I try to pick up from experienced divers but I dont want to barrage them with questions. Plus I cant dive everyday, so I might as well sponge up some info.