PDA

View Full Version : Oronogo this weekend?

mm2002
09-18-2008, 19:01
We'll be there from around 11:00am till ?. Anybody here coming out?

navyhmc
09-18-2008, 21:37
Wish I could say yes, butthe wife has me nailed down all weekend. Durn it...Would love to make it!

snagel
09-19-2008, 05:04
Mark,

Forgot to call you back on this. I have to be in St. Louis this weekend.

Snagel

Dark Wolf
09-20-2008, 20:24
I have to work this weekend, but will be there next Friday and Saturday doing a class. Maybe we can set something up in the future?

DW

mm2002
09-21-2008, 08:18
I have to work this weekend, but will be there next Friday and Saturday doing a class. Maybe we can set something up in the future?
DW

Definitely a possibility. I'll probably be going back up there sometime soon.

Got in three dives yesterday. Not a bad place to dive, but the vis got pretty crappy in the afternoon after all the student training. Early, vis was 20-30 ft shallow (down to 17 ft or so), then got worse deeper (10-15 ft). Surface temp was 76, and it was 54 at 50 ft. I brought my drysuit, but my buddy only had a 3mm. We both just rented 7mm suits for the day, and it worked out OK. I'll definitely dive dry next time so I can go a little deeper. There isn't really much to see there, but the wall dives are fantastic!

KennyD
09-21-2008, 19:27
Mark,
I thought that was you but didn't want to make a Ass out of myself. I seen you and your buddy backed up to the chain link fence. The other guy had a little braid in his beard right? I was the Big Bald guy in the Green and Black DUI dry suit. We were on the other side of Charlie's white trailer in the White Van directly in front of you.

mm2002
09-21-2008, 20:02
Mark,
I thought that was you but didn't want to make a Ass out of myself. I seen you and your buddy backed up to the chain link fence. The other guy had a little braid in his beard right? I was the Big Bald guy in the Green and Black DUI dry suit. We were on the other side of Charlie's white trailer in the White Van directly in front of you.

Yep, that was us. Hey, it wouldn't have been making an ass out of yourself, you should have came over and said hey! I remember seeing you now that you mention it. Man, don't be shy next time, I'm about as simple and laid back as they come! :smiley36: I did get to talk to Charlie for a bit. He's all about doing the Kimberling bridge dive, but I'm not sure I'm up for that. Maybe?

snagel
09-22-2008, 04:56
Sounds like you and Brad had a good time. You definately can't miss Brad with the braided beard.

How did you like climbing that hill?

Snagel

mm2002
09-22-2008, 09:19
Sounds like you and Brad had a good time. You definately can't miss Brad with the braided beard.

Snagel

The hill wouldn't have been so bad if I weren't wearing all that extra lead. I think they need to put in an escalator for us old farts!

KennyD
09-23-2008, 16:53

Snagel

The hill wouldn't have been so bad if I weren't wearing all that extra lead. I think they need to put in an escalator for us old farts!

I hear ya, I spend at least 15min. after every dive just floating at the surface right at the entrance. Let's me off gas some more and gets me ready for that Bitch of a hill. Drysuit, B/P and HP130 Steel tank will make a guy pass out when your my age.:smilie39:

mm2002
09-24-2008, 21:42

Snagel

I hear ya, I spend at least 15min. after every dive just floating at the surface right at the entrance. Let's me off gas some more and gets me ready for that Bitch of a hill. Drysuit, B/P and HP130 Steel tank will make a guy pass out when your my age.:smilie39:

Yep, the "hill" is kinda a bitch. Wouldn't be so bad in a 3mm with 4lbs of lead, but damn!! :smiley36:

Hey, check out the vid I posted. Not great, but not too bad:
http://forum.scubatoys.com/scuba-diving-tube-videos/17527-diving-oronogo-missouri-sept-2008-a.html