PDA

View Full Version : Your Thoughts on Poseidon UNISUIT?

trekkindave
09-22-2008, 12:33
Does anyone have any opinion on the poseidon unisuit?

warscout2
09-22-2008, 22:19
looks smart but not seeing it in person i really have no idea. Have you ever dove one?

trekkindave
09-23-2008, 07:59
No, never dove a dry suit yet.. A guy at the LDS offered one for private sale, and unless i am deff he said $200 bucks... so i wanted to check around to see what everyone though.... if it really is 200 bucks.. i may pick it up

RecInstr
09-23-2008, 09:32
I have an older one. Very rugged and warm suit - just a PAIN to get on & off. Mine zips from mid-back, through crotch, to the chest. Impossible to get on/off by yourself, but a lot of drysuits are. Mine has the hood & boots built on. Warm as a bug in 40 degree water in these local rock quarries.
Also takes an odd-sized inflator attachment, but it should come with the suit. Fits the reg. 1st stage ok, however.

Great suit, if you don't mind the hassle of donning/doffing.

Tommy D.

waitabit
06-05-2009, 14:56
I have been diving with a unisuit for 30 years and have tried several other bag type suits. Yes it can be a hastle to don and remove but new neck seals and zipper location have made that easier. I love the attached hood and being able to replace the neck seal is good when working remote jobs. Get a good fit as the estra boyancy from an oversize suite will take estra weight, I use a weight harness.

Lake Michijim
06-13-2009, 21:46
My first dry suit was a UNISUIT. It was a circus act to don and doff it and the attached hood was a real PITA. I eventully cut the hood off and bought a dry suit hood. That was much better. On the plus side, it was toasty warm. Little need for fancy under garments, even in water hovering around freezing. Even when it leaked, which was pretty frequent, it was warm.
After the UNI I went to a Dive Concepts Z-Flex. That was a trilam and a darn nice suit. It was really under garment dependent. I had a growth spurt in my 40's, lol and it didn't fit me anymore, so I replaced it. If your interested I'll sell you that one. It's an XL with size 12 boots. PM me for details.
I decided to go full boat as I dive a lot. I went with a DUI CF200 and I really love the suit. It's easy to don and has really good insulation properties with out the bouyancy penalty. It was pricey, but I plan on diving this suit for the next few thousand dives. I've met divers who own CF200's that are very old and still going strong. A good sign.

Jim