PDA

View Full Version : whats the connection

CLaFong
09-24-2008, 16:38
whats the connection between Aeris, Oceanic and Hollis?
Is it all the same company like pontiac and chevy or is there more distance between them?

ScubaToys Larry
09-24-2008, 16:44
whats the connection between Aeris, Oceanic and Hollis?
Is it all the same company like pontiac and chevy or is there more distance between them?

That's a good analogy... all under the same roof - Bob Hollis - they also do the OEM for tons of other companies.

diversteve
09-24-2008, 17:43
Hollis being Hummer...

cbope
09-25-2008, 08:21
Not sure how to take that, were you intending that to be a positive thing or a negative thing...

Personally, I'd consider anything associated with a Hummer as a negative.

Hollis being Hummer...

RMur
09-25-2008, 08:27
I suspect the Hummer analogy refers to Hummer being the speciality, high-end, lower demand products when compared to Pontiac and Chevy?

CLaFong
09-25-2008, 10:52
well they seem to make good stuff, but they seem to market them differently. Aeris seems more forth coming (open) with parts and things, Oceanic not so much, though I dont think parts etc would ever be an issue (ST). Wonder why?

ScubaToys Larry
09-25-2008, 13:06
well they seem to make good stuff, but they seem to market them differently. Aeris seems more forth coming (open) with parts and things, Oceanic not so much, though I dont think parts etc would ever be an issue (ST). Wonder why?

No difference with parts - the same guy, my bud Dan Emke is president of both companies - and they have identical policies. If you are having a problem with one or another with parts - that is probably a local shop policy, and not oceanic or aeris.

And Bob Hollis, is one of the true pioneers of this industry. He has been diving since the early days - and has more dive experience in all aspects from tech to rec than anyone I have ever met. He is also an innovator in that he has formed his companies to constantly innovate new products for this industry - going back to some of the first dive computers - up through rebreathers, hoseless technologies, and more.

They are also some of the best in the industry when it comes to customer service - and this mix of great people, great products, and great service is one of the reasons we like to sell their products.

CLaFong
09-25-2008, 14:09
probably more in my head. Aeris website has an accessories section with parts and accessories etc. Other than that the websites look to be done by the same person.

09-26-2008, 01:49
I took and old Oceanic set of regs to an Aeris dealer. He couldn't get the part and had to beg an Oceanic dealer for parts to rebuild them.

They are old Oceanic Delta's and very nice regs.

diversteve
09-26-2008, 17:11
Not sure how to take that, were you intending that to be a positive thing or a negative thing...

Personally, I'd consider anything associated with a Hummer as a negative.That's your choice.

What I meant was that Hollis is a more technical, heavier duty line of products.