PDA

View Full Version : Need a ladies help

trekkindave
09-24-2008, 18:45
My girl is looking to start diving and I am looking to get her equipment..

SHE LOVES PINK.. and do you know what a pain in the ass it is to find pink stuff????

She likes the aqualun pearl... but im not thrilled with the IC3 inflator thing

do you ladies have any suggestions for what I can find for her that is lady like and still a good piece of equipment....

that goes for fins, regs, and masks too..

any picture of your gear would be helpful to convince her that its girly... an actual picture or just link is fine

comet24
09-24-2008, 19:05
I know Scubapro makes their Twin Jet in pink. It's not on their website bit one of our instructors has a pink pair.

I believe Zeagle will make a BC in what ever color you want.

warscout2
09-24-2008, 19:06
go with the zeagle zena with the bing vest my wife loves it

coral cowgirl
09-24-2008, 19:10
Find the pink gear, it's worth it. Pink makes for nice photos....it holds it's color at depth longer than more conservative colors.

dallasdivergirl
09-24-2008, 20:19
tusa has pink fins, mask & snorkel. bio fin has pink fins, ST has a pink floral panaromic mask & pink dry snorkel, henderson has the thermoprene & hyperstretch in pink, zeagle will let you choose custom color for zena, brigade or ranger. also ST does a pink mask strap with either yellow or purple on the other side.

Aussheplady
09-24-2008, 20:35
The Zeagle Zena not only comes in Pink for an option, but also is made specifically for women and can be custom fitted. (LOVE mine)
Apollo Bio Fins come in pink as does some Tusa fins
I know I have seen quite a few masks and snorkels in pink.

Haven't seen many wetsuits in pink, but I am sure if you look hard enough, you could find one.

Splitlip
09-24-2008, 22:09
any picture of you in your gear would be helpful to convince her that its girly

Nice try Bro. They won't fall for it.

warscout2
09-25-2008, 03:17
Have her try the gear before you get it i know it sucks some of the fun out of the surprise, but it really sucks when she try's your fins and say i want some like this instead. She is the one who is going to use it.

ParrotheadDiver
09-25-2008, 06:12
any picture of you in your gear would be helpful to convince her that its girly

Nice try Bro. They won't fall for it.

:smilie39:

cowgirldiver
09-25-2008, 09:51
I have the Aqualung pearl. I love the fit of it and at first was all excited about the i3. Not so much anymore. But you can have it retrofitted to a regular inflator (which is what I am going to have done) and I have been told then I can use either the i3 inflator or the inflator tube. It is back inflation which is a whole other animal (not for those who use BP/W but for people used to a traditional BCD). I've had a few issues with possible air trapping. But I still like it enough that I'm not getting rid of it.

brains
09-25-2008, 10:01
Aqualung mikron regulators come in pink, and my girl dives pink biofins and loves them. She also has a pink framed mask, snorkel, and mask strap. I found most of this stuff by going to scuba websites and typing "pink" into their search, it usually brought up every item in their database that came in pink:smiley20:

Ladyvalea
09-25-2008, 12:30
I have the Aqualung pearl. I love the fit of it and at first was all excited about the i3. Not so much anymore. But you can have it retrofitted to a regular inflator (which is what I am going to have done) and I have been told then I can use either the i3 inflator or the inflator tube. It is back inflation which is a whole other animal (not for those who use BP/W but for people used to a traditional BCD). I've had a few issues with possible air trapping. But I still like it enough that I'm not getting rid of it.
YeP! they make the Aqualung pearl with the regular inflator!! nice and cute...but do tell her Pink is one of the fastest fadeing colors next to red!
I think red goes first! something about the pigments and sunlight and exposure...Its very true in hair color! dye your hair pink or red and it will fade so fast.. :smiley2: But Pink is so cool!!!
YouTube - Aqua Lung MIKRON (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8HdEQq9qx8) watch this ad for the mikron...and at 0.57 seconds ....check out the girls CUTE Wetsuits!!! LOVE LOVE it... if you can find out where to buy this I want one to

Ladyvalea
09-25-2008, 12:37
My girl is looking to start diving and I am looking to get her equipment..

SHE LOVES PINK.. and do you know what a pain in the ass it is to find pink stuff????

She likes the aqualun pearl... but im not thrilled with the IC3 inflator thing

do you ladies have any suggestions for what I can find for her that is lady like and still a good piece of equipment....

that goes for fins, regs, and masks too..

any picture of your gear would be helpful to convince her that its girly... an actual picture or just link is fine Oh,, does she have a sexy cute wetsuit? OMG look for a wetsuit with figure flattering color blocks in it! I like the way Mares has the white neoprene in the waist area and black neoprene in the middle...oh it makes your waist look so small. did you see the new 2009 cute aqualung wetsuit with the pink detail??? I Die For!!!

Rileybri
09-25-2008, 12:42
Think Pink Scuba Gear.com (http://www.thinkpinkscuba.divebiz.net/)

this might be a good place to start..:smiley2:

trekkindave
09-25-2008, 16:05
Thanks for all the help so far.. ill have to check out the 2009 aqualung catolouge

Grizbear98
09-26-2008, 00:04
I know Tusa sells pink equipment and my dive knife from blue reef had the option to come in pink, bright green, blue, or yellow.

BlowingBubbles
09-26-2008, 11:05
Believe it or not, I know someone who has a hot pink tank. It really stands out. I know she played heck trying to find one but she finally did and she is soooo proud of it. If you think your wife would be interested, I could try to find out where Lucy got it from.

cowgirldiver
09-26-2008, 12:33
Well, scuba toys has that candy pink tank though I doubt you'd want to have it shipped to you. The other day I saw someone who had a hot pick mesh tank cover. That would be a cheaper solution (though I don't see that particular color on the ST site).

BlowingBubbles
09-26-2008, 14:05
Yeah, I guess the shipping would be pretty pricey. But to her it was worth it.

Charles R
09-26-2008, 14:14
What about doing a BP\W set up with this
http://www.scubatoys.com/store/bcds/pics/oxycheq/PinkWing.jpg
Pink OxyCheq Mach V Signature Series Wing Reviews and discounts, OxyCheq (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=Pink_Oxycheq_mach_v_signatur e_wing)

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/fins/pics/PinkBios-sm.jpg (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=Pink_Apollo_Bio_Fins)

Pink Apollo Bio Fin Reviews and discounts, Apollo (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=Pink_Apollo_Bio_Fins)

thevalkyry
09-26-2008, 17:15
"pahnk is my signature colah" Or not, but I do love Exceed's red wetsuit with the black tatoowork design on it :)

jesdocswife
09-27-2008, 17:28
Hi I am new here just wanted to step in and say I have a scuba pro black and pink Reg XS. I gotta sell it have gained some weight used it maybe 6 times at the most I have my 2 sets of fins also in pink. (keeping those) I also have a wet suit 9-10 never been used. It has the long johns and the shorty. I will take pictures of it soon. Took them to dive shop to see if I could sell it. Any way just wanted to say my fins are Tusa.

gNats
10-01-2008, 21:02
The Mares She-Dive line is very flattering for a woman and made with our body's curves in mind. I own the Aliikai and swear by it for its lightweight design. It has a back bladder, so my arms and waistline don't feel overly encumbered when the BCD is full.

The Mares She Dive reg set is also great. I just went from Ice Proton to a She Dive regulator. The She Dive looks almost exactly the same as the earlier model, but it is indeed lighter and smaller around the mouth. The only bad thing is Mares didn't create a matching octo (what were they thinking?) so my octo is a metal proton octo. (doesn't match, pout).

As to masks, I have had several. My favorite snorkel mask was always a standard mask with a purge. I recently went to a low profile mask. I have a relatively small face and the low profile is a much more comfortable fit, plus I feel as if it has really improved my peripheal vision. Combined with the She Dive Reg, I don't feel as if my mask and reg are competing for face space.

One last piece of advice - wetsuits. I frankly wouldn't be in this sport if it wasn't for the Henderson Hyperstretch suit. I tried pulling myself into several didn't brands and models and was completely discouraged. The Henderson was a bit more than the others, (not much) but the comfort and the ease of getting in it is wonderful.

Be a sweetie and get her a silk dive skin to make the experience all that more comfortable.

Well, there is my two cents. I just came into the sport and purchased all my own equipment. I couldn't be any more pleased with it.

Hope it helps you out!

aperkins
10-15-2008, 09:19
Just thought I would add that they have pink tank boots, pink reg mouthpieces, and pink tank net wraps. That way I can spice up some of my husbands shot blast tanks and black regs.:smiley20:

trekkindave
10-15-2008, 09:23
Thanks for all the help ladies...

I finally got her a set of cressi reactions in clear and pink.. we are going to wait till the spring for a mask for her (she only dives rarely and wont again till the spring).. but i am sure her mask will be neon pink if she can find one.

Thanks for the advice on the hyperstretch suit and the silk dive skin, i will devinately look into that also in the spring when we make the jump from rentals to owned suits.. she always complains about the suits and i think for my diving pleasure her having a suit she is comfortable in will make it better.

aperkins
10-15-2008, 09:35
You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned comfort and desire to go with you diving. My husband would dive with any state of dive gear he is so obsessed but I want to be comfortable and fashionable!!!!!!!!

BlowingBubbles
10-15-2008, 11:32
But of course, we must looook mahvelous! Although it's kind of hard to look too marvelous when one looks like a drowned rat upon exit. Or maybe that's just me. :smiley5:

Merrimorte
10-27-2008, 22:51
The Zeagle Zena not only comes in Pink for an option, but also is made specifically for women and can be custom fitted. (LOVE mine)
Apollo Bio Fins come in pink as does some Tusa fins
I know I have seen quite a few masks and snorkels in pink.

Haven't seen many wetsuits in pink, but I am sure if you look hard enough, you could find one.

Oneil allows you to custom order different colors.. including pink... but seriously.. does it have to be pink to be girly?! ugh. I would look more at different cuts for women than just colors. Maybe she is thinking about all those black suits and stuff... a nice women's cut bc or wet suit in any color can be quite flattering.. just tell her the right wet suit will show off her curves nicely <:

LaCroix42
10-27-2008, 23:08
I'm lucky like that, mine would prefer a purple or green, hates the pink. Now if I can just get her into a Zena. Something about a corset built into a BC just screams womanhood (and provides the support needed, I'd assume). ;)

Merrimorte
11-06-2008, 00:50
I'm lucky like that, mine would prefer a purple or green, hates the pink. Now if I can just get her into a Zena. Something about a corset built into a BC just screams womanhood (and provides the support needed, I'd assume). ;)

I bet they look nice.. got a link? :smiley2:

BlowingBubbles
11-06-2008, 06:36

I bet they look nice.. got a link? :smiley2:

:smiley30: ( :smilie39: )

terrapinwetsuits
11-06-2008, 09:17
Terrapin Wetsuits can make her a pink custom wetsuit, or alter an off-the-rack suit to put some pink into it. If you want more info, feel free to contact me.

Chris Summers
Welcome to Terrapin Wet Suits (http://www.TerrapinWetsuits.com)
chris@terrapinwetsuits.com