PDA

View Full Version : Diving Concepts DS

RonC
09-25-2008, 20:40
:smiley20::smiley21: I am considering a Diving Concepts dry suit and would like to hear an opinion on them from anyone that has experience with them. Thanks , Ron

pir8
09-25-2008, 20:43
I'm happy with mine.

imfreeagle
09-26-2008, 01:56
A very nice suit, my wife loves hers, and have three buddies that wouldn't trade.

RonC
09-26-2008, 11:46
Thanks for the replies. I was wondering what model you chose and if any tried the cuff dump valve or the ring seals. Ron:smiley20:

Gombessa
09-26-2008, 12:00
I have a Z-Tech, which is a stock thinner trilaminate suit with a slimmer "tech" cut. I love it. I'm a pretty skinny guy so had no trouble fitting into one. It's tough, fairly supple (not quite a DUI TLS 350, but nothing like a heavy cordura trilam), all the seams are polymer-sealed, and the suit comes with suspenders and two large pockets included.

I have the standard shoulder dump (which is OK, but I'd really like to try a cuff dump one of these days) and opted for Viking dry rings for the dry gloves. I think most any ring system can be retrofitted with removable seals, but DC actually sells them as a product.

It's worth noting that DC doesn't work directly with end users (at all). Everything has to go through the LDS. So if you need replacement seals or boots and want the factory to do it, you must bring the suit to the shop and the shop will send it to DC and have it delivered back.

RonC
09-26-2008, 12:32
Thanks for the post. I sent DC an E-mail for a list of LDS in the area. Do you like the dry gloves? I was curious as to how much dexterity you have with them , like for camera controls and such.

MSilvia
09-26-2008, 12:36
The DC suit is the only one that's ever made me have second thoughts about the one I own. They seem to be excellent.

Gombessa
09-26-2008, 12:58
Thanks for the post. I sent DC an E-mail for a list of LDS in the area. Do you like the dry gloves? I was curious as to how much dexterity you have with them , like for camera controls and such.

Drygloves are a godsend. They're warmer than my 6mm wet gloves, and have way more dexterity. If your hands don't get cold easily, you can use thinner linings and get even more dexterity. I have a compact camera on nearly every dive and the gloves help, though I never had much trouble before. It's the ease in finding, manipulating and clipping regulators, spgs, etc. where the drygloves really shine.

Drum Tech
09-28-2008, 09:50
:smiley20::smiley21: I am considering a Diving Concepts dry suit and would like to hear an opinion on them from anyone that has experience with them. Thanks , Ron
I have had mine for 3 years now, wouldn't trade it for anything, through those three years i have made several changes, just to tweek it for me.

I have the Dura Tek Flex, started out with basic suit, heavy duty zipper, black neo gloves with o-ring system and the bellows neck seal for more movement. After diving in it for a year i found that i needed pockets on both sides and rock boot are more form fitting and cut down air shifting to the feet.

I also purchased mine based on ease of donning and doffing by myself, the suit does not have a tel torso and is front zip.

Good luck in your search.:smiley20::smiley20:

Randy956
04-04-2009, 20:39
Can any of you tell me the size of the outer glove O-ring? I lost one of them and need to replace it.

Thank you,

Randy