PDA

View Full Version : When to change bladders?

Largo
09-26-2008, 19:45
The area around the inflator hose, of my Brigade 35 lb bladder, is starting to turn white and fray.

When is the appropriate time to replace the bladder?

P.S. For those of you thinking of buying a Zeagle...this is not a product defect.

I have abused this BC.

comet24
09-26-2008, 20:09
I would contact Zeagle and see what they say.

Largo
09-26-2008, 20:16
You never who you are talking to when you call a company or other institution. It could be the cleaning lady. I spent almost an hour of AT&T's customer service line trying to change a pre-paid cell phone to month-to-month, and keep my number. No-can-do says the man.

The next day, I went to an AT&T corporate store, and they fixed me up in a minute or two.

SCOTT!!!

How about that donut wing?

SkuaSeptember
09-27-2008, 10:06
If it is the cover and not the actual inner bladder that needs attention, they can sew a reinforcement on. Worked on my Ranger and only cost me shipping one way.

ScottZeagle
09-29-2008, 08:20
Are you talking about actual damage, or just cosmetics?

The bladder has welded seams, so discoloration and/or fraying will not affect the ability of the bladder to hold air.

Personally, I use them until they are either worn completely out, or until I am embarrased...whichever comes first.

:)

Largo
09-29-2008, 11:24
At this point, it's just cosmetic.

What about putting the donut wing on a Brigade harness? Pros and Cons?

crpntr133
09-29-2008, 11:42
Personally, I use them until they are either worn completely out, or until I am embarrased...whichever comes first.

Can you wear one out? I bought a used one that is 15yrs old, dove in salt water, at least 100 dives a year. It still works and looks brand new. I replaced the inflator but other than that.

Donut wing, I think that is a personal preference.

warscout2
09-29-2008, 21:58
Are you talking about actual damage, or just cosmetics?

The bladder has welded seams, so discoloration and/or fraying will not affect the ability of the bladder to hold air.

im glad to hear they wear so well

Largo
09-29-2008, 22:17

Can you wear one out? I bought a used one that is 15yrs old, dove in salt water, at least 100 dives a year. It still works and looks brand new. I replaced the inflator but other than that.

I'm sorry. My friend. I'm calling Shenanigans on that one. My bladder looks rough.

crpntr133
09-30-2008, 10:04

I'm sorry. My friend. I'm calling Shenanigans on that one. My bladder looks rough.

15yrs old or not I don't care. I bought it for $150. The guy lived in FL so I would assume that he dove mainly salt.

Largo
09-30-2008, 11:37
I withdraw my declaration of Shenanigans. Sorry.

I was thinking, I haven't taken care of this bladder very well, and that's probably why it's not in good shape. If I'd maintained it, it would probably still look good.

Sorry.