PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie!

scubapimpin
08-14-2007, 21:00
Hey all! I'm a diver from Shreveport, LA. Spend most of my free time up at Lake Ouachita by Hot Springs, AR doing spearfishing. Started diving in 2003, and am now in my second year as a SSI DiveCon. Looking forward to a trip in 2 weeks to the Texas Flower Gardens, will be my first time! Also going back to dive the Might Oriskany in October. If you havent dove the "O", it should be tops on your list to do, just simply amazing! MBT Divers in Pensacola will take care of you very well. I love Scubatoys.com and am glad that they have this forum.

bullshark
08-14-2007, 21:20
Hay and welcome to ST. lot of friendly folks here so kick back and enjoy

Bill22
08-14-2007, 22:23
Hey all! I'm a diver from Shreveport, LA. Spend most of my free time up at Lake Ouachita by Hot Springs, AR doing spearfishing. Started diving in 2003, and am now in my second year as a SSI DiveCon. Looking forward to a trip in 2 weeks to the Texas Flower Gardens, will be my first time! Also going back to dive the Might Oriskany in October. If you havent dove the "O", it should be tops on your list to do, just simply amazing! MBT Divers in Pensacola will take care of you very well. I love Scubatoys.com and am glad that they have this forum.

hey welcome to the board! :-) Oriskany is also on my list if I ever make it back to the states ;-)

Centerius
08-15-2007, 05:13
Welcome to the board! I'm sure I'll dive the Oriskany eventually, since I live in Tallahassee. If you get a chance, go a bit further east and dive some of the springs we have in North Florida -- the water is simply amazing.

TxScubaBear
08-15-2007, 06:21
Welcome to the board!

cummings66
08-15-2007, 07:04
Sounds like you've been having fun, and welcome to the board.

Foo2
08-15-2007, 12:20
Hi and welcome to ST! I've been wanting to go to Lake Ouachita. I've heard that it's a great place to dive.

scubapimpin
08-15-2007, 13:18
Hi and welcome to ST! I've been wanting to go to Lake Ouachita. I've heard that it's a great place to dive.

it is great. Really good place to go when you cant make it to blue water. A good map of the lake really helps when picking out dive sites. Its just a beautiful area.

scubapimpin
08-15-2007, 13:19
Hay and welcome to ST. lot of friendly folks here so kick back and enjoy

I will, glad to finally find a good scuba board.

kevinj1
08-15-2007, 13:51
Welcome to the board! Let uus know how the flower Gardens dive goes...

scubapimpin
08-15-2007, 21:37

will do! hopefully it wont be cancled because of the tropical storms moving into the gulf...

Vercingetorix
08-16-2007, 17:36

will do! hopefully it wont be cancled because of the tropical storms moving into the gulf...
I'm diving the Flower Gardens this weekend on the M/V Fling; I drive for Freeport tomorrow. Boat depats in the evening. I'll let ya know how it goes.

I called Gulf Diving today, and so far, the word is GO!! I'll check again before heading south from Dallas.

scubapimpin
08-16-2007, 22:21
thats awesome! Hope you have a blast! We will be on the Fling as well, cant wait to hear the scoop!

scubapimpin
08-20-2007, 09:30
sorry, we are going to be on the spree, the nitrox one...