PDA

View Full Version : Beginning to Realize my Dreams

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
08-14-2007, 22:30
As I had stated on SB I'm finally realizing my dream to dive. Ever since I watched Cousteau as a lad I've wanted to be under water. I had a deal with my 9 yr old daughter that we would learn to dive together but I couldn't wait. I just got my OW and hopefully by the time she's ready to start her OW I'll be a DM and be able tohelp her along. As for her Shark Phobic mother; well there's no hope of diving being a family affair! :smiley5:

Anyway the ultimate for me would be to have a dive shop somewhre warm and be able to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table. Running Dive Ops and teaching/introducing people to this new world would be the best!! :smiley20:

Greetings to all and I look forward to learing from this forum without all the drama from that other one!! :smilie39:

Bill22
08-14-2007, 22:34
As I had stated on SB I'm finally realizing my dream to dive. Ever since I watched Cousteau as a lad I've wanted to be under water. I had a deal with my 9 yr old daughter that we would learn to dive together but I couldn't wait. I just got my OW and hopefully by the time she's ready to start her OW I'll be a DM and be able tohelp her along. As for her Shark Phobic mother; well there's no hope of diving being a family affair! :smiley5:

Anyway the ultimate for me would be to have a dive shop somewhre warm and be able to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table. Running Dive Ops and teaching/introducing people to this new world would be the best!! :smiley20:

Greetings to all and I look forward to learing from this forum without all the drama from that other one!! :smilie39:

hey welcome to the board.... I'm thinking along the same lines as you. I should be retiring from the Navy in four more years. Living somewhere warm and being able to dive everyday sounds like a pretty good retirement to me :-)

Foo2
08-15-2007, 12:57
Welcome to ST! As far as your wife goes...don't give up on her just yet! My mom was the same way. She said that my dad could have all the underwater world he wanted. You will see my mom on the boards here, her screen name is Foo. She is just as bad of a junkie as he is now, along with my sister, husband, and myself!

unclepooty
08-15-2007, 13:14
I'm right there with ya guys. good luck!

creggur
08-15-2007, 13:33
Welcome to the board, I'm about 9 years behind you, but thinking along the same lines...Welcome to the boards, you'll find a lot of nice folks here, the drama stays pretty low, and it's a fun place to hang out.

And from one newbie to another it's a great place to ask questions without being judged or run over by certain folks who like to uhhh, let's just say wear all black....

kevinj1
08-15-2007, 14:02
Welcome to the board!
Rent this movie and watch it with your wife-called "Coral reef Adventure"--heres the bio;
The power of IMAX projection transports you to an amazing underwater world as ocean explorers Howard and Michele Hall dive on a coral reef in the pristine waters of the South Pacific. With Jean-Michel Cousteau, deep reef scientist Richard Pyle and Fijian diver Rusi Vulakoro, they explore and capture on film one of the most beautiful places on Earth … in all its fragile splendor.

Amazing story about a husband and wwife dive team---enjoy

Vercingetorix
08-16-2007, 17:29
Only 45? You're a punk kid.:smiley36: I started diving at 55 (last January). Never too late to join the watery fun. A couple classes after me, a 72 year-old certified.

Good luck with the non-diving spousal unit. I wish my wife dived.

reservecops
08-16-2007, 19:23
Only 45? You're a punk kid.:smiley36: I started diving at 55 (last January). Never too late to join the watery fun. A couple classes after me, a 72 year-old certified.I got my Dad to (re) certify a few months ago (30+ year lapse). He's 66.

Fideaux
08-16-2007, 19:43
Welcome to ST! As far as your wife goes...don't give up on her just yet! My mom was the same way. She said that my dad could have all the underwater world he wanted. You will see my mom on the boards here, her screen name is Foo. She is just as bad of a junkie as he is now, along with my sister, husband, and myself!

Don't let Foo2 fool you her mom makes the best surface food at the lake. That is why she wanted to go diving.

Bruce

DivingsInMyBlood
08-16-2007, 19:54
thats awsome that you got your cert. Welcome to the board

TxScubaBear
08-16-2007, 20:31
Only 45? You're a punk kid.:smiley36: I started diving at 55 (last January). Never too late to join the watery fun. A couple classes after me, a 72 year-old certified.

Good luck with the non-diving spousal unit. I wish my wife dived.

:smilie39:

here I was thinking I started out "old" at 50.......

Foo2
08-16-2007, 23:24

Don't let Foo2 fool you her mom makes the best surface food at the lake. That is why she wanted to go diving.

Bruce

The truth hurts sometimes doesn't it...I like food. :smilie40: