PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Malaysia

superkingkong
08-14-2007, 22:36
Hi people,

new diver here, just got certified last year. haven't been diving much,
Currently i'm in boston, my company has a project here. so, i will be here for quite a while.
... am hoping to dive more :)

Bill22
08-14-2007, 22:38
Hi people,

new diver here, just got certified last year. haven't been diving much,
Currently i'm in boston, my company has a project here. so, i will be here for quite a while.
... am hoping to dive more :)

hey welcome to the board! Not to familiar with diving in New England, but I'm sure other people on the board can point you in the right direction :-) Lot's of great diving in Malaysia I hear... I'm hoping to make it down someday.

superkingkong
08-15-2007, 02:34
Hi Bill22,

yeah, plenty of reefs there, but not so much of wrecks... :)
unfortunately, after i got certified, i was being transfered here. so, didn't have the chance to dive there.

i've been down to keylargo in March, it was awesome :)

wanting to dive here in New England, but didn't have the chance to do it...

Centerius
08-15-2007, 05:09
Welcome to the board! Key Largo is an awesome dive spot, I just dove there last week. My mom's family is from Boston, and I've never been up there. I hope to head up there one day.

Foo2
08-15-2007, 12:49
Welcome to ST superkingkong! Fun screan name! I'm sure there are some people here that can direct you to a cool place to dive. Try posting on the regional forums.

DivingsInMyBlood
08-16-2007, 22:37
hello and welcome

superkingkong
08-17-2007, 21:57
thanks for welcoming :)

hey centurius... let me know when u r going to dive here :)

hey foo2...yeah, i like that name too :P thanks for the tip. last night i've read a magazine, talking about diving at cape ann... the water temp is about 50-60 in the summer :smiley22: 7mil is recommended.... gosh, i think i'll get one first :P

currently i'm using a 1.5mil :O

Bill22
08-19-2007, 09:35
Hi Bill22,
unfortunately, after i got certified, i was being transfered here. so, didn't have the chance to dive there.

i've been down to keylargo in March, it was awesome :)

To bad, I hear the diving there is awesome :-) I liked Key Largo. I remember one trip years ago. I was living in Orlando then. My buddy and I just jumped in the car on friday night and drove to Key Largo. We slept in the parking lot at Captain Slate's. We were the first ones there :-) He took us out in Pennekamp... great diving :-)