PDA

View Full Version : International order with scubatoys

davidlkc
10-01-2008, 04:33
Has anyone placed an international order with scubatoys from southeast asia? I'm planning to order a few items as they are much cheaper to buy in the united states compared to the LDS. Anyone had a bad experience..like receiving their shipment way longer than expected? taxes? etc...any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Lj82
10-01-2008, 11:13
Hi
I've ordered from Scubatoys twice and I would say they are trustworthy enough for me to recommend them.
It would be better for you to compare the prices with your LDS first and decide if the hassle of overseas shipping is worth the price difference.
Usually I would request the guys at scubatoys to help me check my stuffs before sending out. So far so good,

Lj82
10-01-2008, 11:16
By the way, I uses Vpost which allows me to have a mailing address in USA and I have my gears sent there. Scubatoys uses UPS and you are able to track how long it takes to reach your USA mailing add.

davidlkc
10-01-2008, 15:42
I've heard of VPost but they would only do it for Singapore that means I will need scubatoys to send them directly to me. That also means insurance is a must.

LDS are always more expensive...well, everything's more expensive in Asia. I will be placing my order soon, and will post a feedback to boost confidence for the site.

Thanks for the info :smiley20:

hooligan
10-01-2008, 18:53
I've heard of VPost but they would only do it for Singapore that means I will need scubatoys to send them directly to me. That also means insurance is a must.

LDS are always more expensive...well, everything's more expensive in Asia. I will be placing my order soon, and will post a feedback to boost confidence for the site.

I think it's odd that things cost more over here when everything is made on this side of the world. I mean probably 70% of regulators come from Taiwan, which is just a hop skip and a jump from Japan. Sometimes it takes me longer to drive to Narita Airport than it does to fly from Tokyo to Taiwan!!!

cajunfla
10-01-2008, 21:30
Prior to my first order with ST, I sent an email asking about shipment to Guam via postal service. :smiley20: Not a problem!! 2nd order should be here any day now. Shipping charges may vary.

Lj82
10-02-2008, 05:24

You can try other similar service providers like Commgate.
I'm not sure which company delivers to Malaysia, but no harm looking around.

oddbod
10-02-2008, 07:21
My order got to Oz in 5 days, which included the weekend, I kept tracking it, lots of fun!!:smiley36: The only problem could be customs and taxes I know in Oz if it is over Aus $1,000 we get hit for them. :smiley21:
PS. I emailed about the postage first and they worked a better price on it for me:smiley31:

hawkenph
10-03-2008, 07:53
Hi,
Here is what happened to me. I live in the Philippines and I am not a local. So, ST used UPS and when it got into Country. They decided to tax me 27% on the gear which even after the taxes, I got better gear than what the local LDS were going to sell me with a price difference of around $250. The LDS were pricing gear that within a few months I would of out grew and had to buy more. So, I made my order to ST for gear that for the most part will grow with me as I get more into diving..
When my gear got here for ST. ST forgot to place a part in with it. When I e-mailed Joe he said don't worry about it. Its our fault we will send it to you free. When the part got here, I was STILL taxed.. lol Grrrr
When I talked with a friend of mine that works in Customs he told me what to do and I did it. My next order to ST, I did what he told me to do. Arrived here no delays NO Custom tax,etc....Hope that all makes sence.. And I hope it helps some how for someone to learn and not make the same mistakes I did...
Take care
Kurt in Cebu
Thank you ST and Joe for your help. I should be ordering soon. Just waiting on my next lump of money.. lol

Lj82
10-03-2008, 07:57
erm....
What did your friend tell you to do and what did you do??
LOL

davidlkc
10-03-2008, 10:57
erm....
What did your friend tell you to do and what did you do??
LOL

Exactly...:smiley36:

davidlkc
10-05-2008, 17:51
bump :

Lj82
10-05-2008, 21:15
So did you find a company that ships to Malaysia? Or have you decided on UPS?

nikefreekz
10-06-2008, 00:45
i just placed an order with ST and going through the vpost options, hopefully the gears will get to the Oregon address in no time. So far, my correspondence with Joe via email have been terrific, he answered all my queries promptly and it has been a pleasure. Can't wait to get my hands on the stuff!

nikefreekz
10-06-2008, 00:48
One more thing to note, they most probably have got more things that they put up in their website, so do ask them and don't presume that they don't have it just because you can't find it on the website.

zahgurim
10-06-2008, 07:33
I've placed a couple orders, and have had shipping to South Korea with no problems.
Having to pay the 18% duty that Korean Customs demands is a PITA, but still works out to be much, much cheaper than buying local. (if you can even find what you want locally)

OTGav
10-13-2008, 22:44
I had a load of gear sent to me in Brisbane AUstralia - got here quicker than a lot of dometic deliveries do ;op

Lj82
10-13-2008, 23:58
Just made another purchase from ST.
Joey had been great in assisting me.

Thumbs up to ST!

nikefreekz
10-14-2008, 03:20
what did you get this time round?

Lj82
10-14-2008, 11:23
Rashguards. Helped my friend get her regulator setup as well. And while I was waiting for my order to come in (ST didn't carry the rashguards I wanted and helped me order from them), I saw a piece of 2nd hand Mares Nemo on ST and immediately alert another friend and got it for him.

I strongly believe ST should hire me as their ambassador for Sg. LOL

nikefreekz
10-14-2008, 11:33
:-) think they should give you some referral points yah!