PDA

View Full Version : 2 New Raja Ampat Videos Online

tonym
10-02-2008, 12:50
Howdy, there are 2 new Raja Ampat Videos now online at:

Two Days diving in Raja Ampat (http://www.cityseahorse.com/underwater-video)

These videos were each made of the best video taken on one day's diving,
they have different subjects and were taken in different areas. Enjoy!

warscout2
10-03-2008, 05:10
wow very well done video

Lj82
10-03-2008, 08:03
Ah.......
Raja Ampat....so near yet so far...
My bank account has been sucked dry by ST and I am unable to go for expensive trips like this!:smiley36:

Travelnsj
10-03-2008, 09:58
Great videos....What part of Raja were these taken in?.....I'll be leaving next week....cannot wait:smiley20:

tonym
10-04-2008, 10:43
Thanks! Both the Raja Ampat videos were captured in the south part of Raja Ampat... dive sites that we visit on both the Sorong-Sorong trips and the Sorong-Halmahera-Lembeh trips. Can't really do this type of stuff land-based.

I need to get to some stuff in the north Raja Ampat... got the footage and the theme for the "Day"s, just need the time in the office to get them online.

PS, I'd be wearing my 80's BCD & gear if it meant getting to dive Raja Ampat or not!

DebF (from TonyM id)

Travelnsj
10-04-2008, 10:53
I'm headed back to Sorido-Papua area next week. Sardines and Kri reefs were unbelieveable when I was there in January....they say the vis is better in October.

Next year I want to do the Misool area...probably have to do a LOB.

tonym
10-04-2008, 11:27
Viz varies all year. I would never say that viz is better one time of the year than another. Doesn't seem to be tied to season, winds, rain.. anything. We don't plan an itinerary until we get there just for that reason. If viz is bad in the north we go south and come back for another try later and vice versa. Usually we manage to get pretty good viz every day.. but sometimes it changes in a matter of 2-3 hours.

DebF

coral cowgirl
10-05-2008, 00:20
Great video....nice website too.
Thanks for posting.

Lj82
10-05-2008, 07:09
I'm headed back to Sorido-Papua area next week. Sardines and Kri reefs were unbelieveable when I was there in January....they say the vis is better in October.

Next year I want to do the Misool area...probably have to do a LOB.

Travelnsj,
I've seen a few of your posts.
You seem to be able to make many trips per year!
Lucky you. You must have a damn good job! :smiley36:

Reg
11-17-2008, 04:41
Is Raja Ampat only accessible by liveaboard or is there a range of land based accomodation?

Travelnsj
11-17-2008, 10:02
Is Raja Ampat only accessible by liveaboard or is there a range of land based accomodation?

I've been there twice in the last year and do not do LOB's. Go to the Asia Diving forum and read my trip reports. Sorido resort is the place I have stayed.

navyhmc
11-17-2008, 10:58
Outstanding videos!!!!

The nudbranch shots were great! Not to mentin that the music fit right into it as well. Two thumbs up from me!!! :smiley20: :smiley20: :smiley20: okay, three tumbs up from us mutants!