PDA

View Full Version : Gilboa pumpkin carving on 04 October

Doug B
10-03-2008, 22:04
Hey!

I'm going back to Gilboa on 04 October.... to pick up my fins that I left there a month ago, AND there is an underwater pumpkin carving thing, and a picnic, and a underwater haunted house.

Oh, and some good prizes too!

I'm planning on arriving around 11:30am, pick up my fins, get in one pumpkin dive, and then leaving around 2pm. I'll have my ten year old son with me, but he's not certified.....yet. (maybe next spring)

Is anybody from this forum going to be there? I need (or will have to find) an insta-buddy.

I'll be driving the two-tone Red/grey F-250 CrewCab. If you see me, stop and say hi.

mselizann
10-04-2008, 05:54
I wish I could go- I'm working today. Have fun!
ps- on October 18 & 19 volunteer divers at the PPG aquarium are carving pumpkins in the habitat tank, if anyone's close by and wants to make a trip to the zoo!

cummings66
10-04-2008, 22:46
I had to stay home today due to a death in the family, no diving until next week I'm afraid.

Doug B
10-05-2008, 18:31
I went, picked up my fins, did the underwater pumpkin dive, and toured most of the underwater haunted house. It was a lot of fun. Must have been 60 people there... The event was first class! I'll try to attend for the whole weekend if they do it again next year.

Wish I could have stayed around for the food and the haunted house at night, but had family stuff to attend too.

As I was leaving, around 2pm, somebody poped up outta the water, near the nose of the airplane and was yelling for help. I thought it was a rescue class at first, but it soon became clear the guy was in some sort of trouble. Three guys swam out to him, and he seemed to be OK.

Anybody know what happened?