PDA

View Full Version : Best flu remedy.

Bassoonin
10-07-2008, 22:33
Hi everyone!

We haven't had time to dive since July and we finally get to go this weekend. Of course, I get the flu. 100.5 temp, aches, cough, all the fun stuff.

What is your best flu remedy? None of mine seem to be working.:smiley11:

Splitlip
10-07-2008, 22:40
Hot tea, honey and lemon with a shot of whiskey in it does wonders for a sore throat.
Drink enough of them, you simply forget about the other symptoms.

julz
10-08-2008, 10:42
lemon tea always works wonders and lots of rest

Rileybri
10-08-2008, 10:55
My famous Mazzah Ball Soup! It ain't called Jewish penicillin for nothing!

chace_nicole
10-08-2008, 10:56
Theraflu helps knock the edge off for me...other than that just rest and lots of fluids. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

cowgirldiver
10-08-2008, 12:24
After 3 weeks of coughing (which didn't stop me from diving a couple of weekends in there-just cough through the reg), my doctor gave me the codeine cough medicine. One night of that and a four hour nap the next day, I'm like a new woman. I do have to say that cough medicine seems to steal your brain for a couple of days.....but at least I have the rest of the bottle for the next time the evil cough comes.

texdiveguy
10-08-2008, 12:36
Work at home and avoid people!!!

Bassoonin
10-08-2008, 19:18
Thanks for all of your help! I just found out that there may be an outbreak of West Nile in my neighborhood. I have all of the symptoms. I guess I get to go to the Dr. tomorrow. (On a good note, a mild case is not too bad. On a bad note, I won't be contagious and can go back to work.)

Defman
10-08-2008, 19:50
Not really any help since you already have it.... but I haven't had the flu since I started taking flu shots about 10 years ago.

EDIT: Ooops, didn't see your West Nile post... dunno if the shots help that :smiley2:

Diver Kat
10-08-2008, 23:16
Luckily I have never ever had the flu ... and never had a flu shot. I remember in college my DH's remedy was Jack Daniels and Fudgetown cookies ... said they were the only things he could taste! (He's older and wiser now - and gets a flu shot!)

divingyogini
10-09-2008, 22:32
Tomato soup loaded with fresh garlic (which boosts the immune system) and cayenne (which helps clear the sinuses).

robjoubert
10-10-2008, 11:57
Hi everyone!

We haven't had time to dive since July and we finally get to go this weekend. Of course, I get the flu. 100.5 temp, aches, cough, all the fun stuff.

What is your best flu remedy? None of mine seem to be working.:smiley11:

The Tequila and Hat remedy is as follows:
1) Get a full bottle of tequila (or booze of choice) and a hat (any hat)
2) Get into bed and put the hat at the end of the bed
3) Start drinking and continue to drink until you cannot see the hat
4) When you wake up, your hangover will drive out all flu symptoms AND by the time you recover form your hangover, the flu will be gone
:smilie39:

CFDAlden
10-12-2008, 23:43
I see the autobot spammers have found the site. :(

K9Pig
10-13-2008, 00:03
I went to a village that was unforgettable days in my life .Every thing was real I spent a week there and felt myself fresh .it was very good expires of mine

Crystal Meth (http://www.crystalrecovery.com)

:smiley_confused::smiley_confused: :pegcon08:You have the right to remain silent, but not the ability.:smiley11:

Moxie
10-20-2008, 13:30
I find sleep and Neocitron help me with the flu. Nothing else comes close, except maybe whining and lounging on the couch with the cat.