PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Lake

Bigg_Budd
10-08-2008, 13:30
Hello DDCN Divers -

I'm entertaining an offer to move to Bentonville for a job, and am curious about Beaver Lake. Is this a good lake for SCUBA? How about boating?

Cheers!

Brandon Belew
10-08-2008, 14:13
Our club does a couple dives down there a year, it's pretty good. Last dive I partook on there the vis wasn't the greatest in the world but it was still a fun time. It's a decent sized lake, plenty of boaters out there when we were there. Good camping... and you can rent pontoon boats and what not there.

I'm sure some of these guys have been there more then me, but there are some walls to dive on there and the foundation which is the remnants of an old house, and if I remember correctly there is an old amphitheatre.

bottomdweller
10-08-2008, 14:50
Beaver is a really good lake for boating & diving.
If you move to Bentonville you will also be close to Bull shoals in AR, & Table rock lake in southern MO. Both are also good for boating & diving.
You may want to check out Scuba Steves' Midwest Muck Diving Conditions (http://www.midwestmuckdiving.com) for info on other area lakes & quarries that have good diving

fire diver
10-08-2008, 16:58
That would be a great location. central to a lot of great diving lakes around MO, AR, and OK.

BillS
10-08-2008, 16:59
I think Bentonville would be a great place to live. Northwest Arkansas is a booming area, very progressive. I lived for 22 years just north of their in Missouri. Like Bottomdweller just stated, Beaver is a great lake, deep and clear, perfect for boating and diving. Plus, you wouldn't be far from Table Rock, another similar lake on the same White River drainage system. If the job offer is right I would definitely take a look.

Bigg_Budd
10-08-2008, 19:03
Thanks for the information, amigos. I just got the final offer and it looks like I'll be moving to your neck of the woods...

It's good to hear that I'm moving to an area with plenty of diving. That was a serious concern. Being from Dallas, I'm used to cold dark lake diving...

Looking forward to meeting/diving with you.

Cheers.

Splitlip
10-08-2008, 19:24
Congrats!

BillS
10-08-2008, 20:42
Thanks for the information, amigos. I just got the final offer and it looks like I'll be moving to your neck of the woods...

It's good to hear that I'm moving to an area with plenty of diving. That was a serious concern. Being from Dallas, I'm used to cold dark lake diving...

Looking forward to meeting/diving with you.

Cheers.

Hey that's great! Welcome to our neck of the woods. Check out Home / C & J Sports (http://www.candjsports.com/home.php) :smiley32:

Splitlip
10-08-2008, 21:08
Who would not want to relocate to a place called Beaver Lake. I saw the video.

Bigg_Budd
10-09-2008, 04:34
Split - you are the man. I gotta have a beer with you someday (after a guerilla dive).

navyhmc
10-09-2008, 05:59
Hey everyone!!! Bigg Budd is moving close to Beaver, maybe we now have a place to sack out!!!! (j/k...congrats on the new job, hope it works well for you.)

maverick
10-11-2008, 02:41
Let the good times roll!!!

Bigg_Budd
10-11-2008, 17:31
You guys sound rowdy as hell. This should be fun....

KennyD
10-11-2008, 17:38
We have to get Bigg Budd to make it over to Oronogo and do some diving with us. Let us know when you get settled in the Beaver area and maybe we can all get together and dive.

Dark Wolf
10-11-2008, 23:16
Hmmmm. Could be a good time! :D

DW

fire diver
10-12-2008, 04:02
You guys sound rowdy as hell. This should be fun....

You should come over to Tenkiller in OK too. You can dive the SeaKnight helicopter if Tim ever gets the paperwork squared away to sink it. Otherwise there's the bus, plane and boats in the dive park, plus an old WPA bridge, mobster/speakeasy house and a school well still flowing water out in the lake too.

texdiveguy
10-12-2008, 07:03
YOU leaving us hear in Texas............. :(

Best wishes on your move and new dive adventures----some really good dive spots up north in semi Yankee country. :)

Bigg_Budd
10-12-2008, 07:29
Dang, it sounds like there's more places to dive than here in TX. This might work out after all...

TDG - Yeah. After 34 years in the Lone Star State, I am branching out a bit. I scored a sweet gig with Walmart, so it's off to Bentonville, AR for me. But you can bet your butt we'll be making regular trips home...

Cheers.

bottomdweller
10-14-2008, 15:19
So Bigg Budd when you planning on moving our way?

Bigg_Budd
10-14-2008, 16:07
So Bigg Budd when you planning on moving our way?

Waddup, man? I start on 10/27, although I think it will be a little while before I can do any diving. The family doesn't move up until mid-November...

bottomdweller
10-16-2008, 19:18
Look forward to meeting up with you, I think I am going to dive Beaver (w/my LDS} Sat 18th. He has a boat & charges $50.00 for 2 or maybe 3 tank dive (If he has OW classes you & A buddy dive together on your own & no xtra charge for the 3rd tank)
I do need to get a boat this winter so I can camp & dive at Beaver!!
But hey, I am 30mins from tablerock, you will have to come & see us in SW MO also!!

Good luck with the move, I know they suck!!!

beperkins
10-17-2008, 07:37
There are some excellent places to dive. If you want an adventure research Monte Ne and then plan a dive there. The viz usually sucks but that is not the point. I am still surprised by some of the good diving to be had in the southern MO/ Northern AR area.

Splitlip
10-17-2008, 11:16
Look forward to meeting up with you, I think I am going to dive Beaver

:eek2:

plot
10-18-2008, 08:54
beaver is an awesome lake.

Let's see, the lake is a corps lake and well managed, the vis is decent (for a lake anyways, usually 10-15 feet, sometimes 20'), there's some decent dive sites including a helicopter and a few planes and a bunch of sunken boats. It's considered a high altitude dive becuase the lake sits at just over 1000 feet... but that doesnt make any difference.

The lake over all is very clean and there's very little boating traffic on it. It's a dry county, so you don't see alot of party barges cruising around throwing beer cans everywhere.

The lake gets to over 300 feet deep at points, so it's a pretty deep lake. has alot of great wall dives.

90% of my diving has been done there. As far as midwest diving goes, I love it.

bottomdweller
10-29-2008, 21:57
Look forward to meeting up with you, I think I am going to dive Beaver

:eek2:
I know, I know !!! It never gets old:smilie39: