PDA

View Full Version : Mask help.... Again

thor
08-16-2007, 09:01
I know I'm just going to have to dive with these things, but I am on my 10th mask and can't seem to find one that fits. I recently tried the Atomic masks, which are extremely comfortable. The Subframe leaked out of the top corner. The frameless medium was the closest so far, but it started hurting the bridge of my nose. The new Mares liquid skin is too big. Any suggestions?

namabiru
08-16-2007, 13:58
Hmmm... I'm curious, as it sounds like you also have a small face, and we talked about buying over the Internet and the inherent challenges. Have you tried the Mares X-Vision Mid or Mares Pure Vision Masks yet? Both are at ST.

Xspect
08-16-2007, 16:22
Try I kids mask. That should help a lot..

deepdiver47
08-16-2007, 19:30
I had to do this for a narrow face. But most of my problem was my mustache. I need to trim it down all the way and use a tanning stick to keep the hair down

thor
08-16-2007, 22:39

Tried that. Too small.

Haven't tried the x-vision mid yet. That's next on my list, but it seems a tad small.

deepdiver47
08-17-2007, 04:06
With 10 masks in the bank Thor it might be cheaper to get plastic surgery. :yikes:

thor
08-17-2007, 09:08
Actually I was just going to get fish eye implants

I have a great LDS. They have taken back every mask, after use, even in ocean.

Zenagirl
08-17-2007, 10:06
Have you tried the Oceanic Shadow or Mini Shadow??

dallasdivergirl
08-17-2007, 10:49
I got a children's mask for OW. Fits great!

I tried the tusa spendive since I wanted beter field of vision. I tried it in the pool, no problems. So I take it (& not my kids one) to Roatan. Major mask flooding.

I had to buy another mask from one of the shops there.

The splendive was just a little bigger than my kids so it might be a good fit for you. and it's for sale!!

I will say that my face is not even close to being the same due to a car accident (cheek bones are half inch off) so I know about mask issues.

namabiru
08-17-2007, 11:17
Haven't tried the x-vision mid yet. That's next on my list, but it seems a tad small.

How ironic. You're trying to find a smaller mask to fit your smaller face, and you've found one that may actually be a tad small. :smiley36:

And, no, I still haven't made my mind up about what mask I'm going to buy either. I like the visual ability on the Pure Vision--you have that middle bar gone plus it looks you have good perph. vision too.

I'm thinking seriously about trying it. If I do, I'll let you know how it works out.

This may sound strange, but do you have a mask of any sort which has worked? If you took a couple of measurements--say, width and depth--, you may be able to find a mask which has similar measurements. *shrug*

cmufieldhockey8
08-18-2007, 22:58
I just got this Dive Rite one http://www.diveriteexpress.com/fins/img/es145lg.jpg and it fit me better then like 10 other masks. That surprised me as I am a small female and this mask fits large men as well.

Splitlip
08-19-2007, 11:37

Tried that. Too small.

Bet you a buck this will work for you.
http://www.sporasub.com/products.php?id=19&type=r_masks&region=ALL

shotthebreeze
08-19-2007, 13:48
I have a smaller face...well a narrower one anyway...I used the Cressi Sub Big Eyes for a while, but when I wear a hood...which makes my face a little bit narrower than it already is, I use the Cressi Sub Focus...

wxboy911
08-19-2007, 14:44
I too use a Cressi Big Eye-Both my nephews do as well and neither of them have leaks...I guess its worth a try.

thor
08-20-2007, 09:49

Tried that. Too small.

Bet you a buck this will work for you.
http://www.sporasub.com/products.php?id=19&type=r_masks&region=ALL

Only a buck? That's not very confident.

mwhities
08-20-2007, 09:51
Get the Oceanic Mini Shadow.

Michael

namabiru
08-20-2007, 11:14
So let me ask. At this point, how many masks do you have floating around your house? Have you been able to return them, or are you looking to give some a good home? Just curious, as I don't think I've ever seen you try to sell a mask on here, or SB.

Heh. You should write a review, since you've tried almost every "small" mask on the market :)

thor
08-20-2007, 11:41
Luckily, they have all been returned with the exception of one. Like I said I have a great LDS.

namabiru
08-22-2007, 12:10
Thor,
I just ordered the Mares Pure Vision Mask. When it arrives and I've had a chance to look at it /try it on/ spit on it/ get it wet/ drop it on the floor etc. , I will write how it is working out for me. I, too, have a smaller face, and the description says "for most profiles", so we'll see.
http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=Mares_Pure_Vision