PDA

View Full Version : repair pinholes in Ranger Bladder

paulwall
10-21-2008, 10:52
Hey all:

I have never, ever once in my life used Aquaseal for anything.

I have (at least) 2 pinholes in my ranger bladder. I don't know if they're from fishooks on a jetty dive, or being pinched by my steel SP-style cam bands, but they're there.

Do I just dab a bit of aquaseal over the holes while inflated, deflated, filled with water? Do I need to add some sort of "patch" to ensure that it's sealed?

Should I just get another bladder?

On a related topic, will Aquaseal hold the hook and loop patch on a 20-yo farmer john, or is there a better product out there?

Crimediver
10-21-2008, 16:49
I have used Aquaseal on a urethane bladder before and it has held for about 4 yrs. I roughed up the pinhole area with sandpaper and put a thin coat. I also know people using larger patches cut from other bladders to make larger repairs and using cement that was designed for waterbed repairs. As far as I know it worked OK. I would try the Aquaseal.

bperrybap
10-25-2008, 00:51
OMS makes a Bladder repair kit:
OMS bladder repair kit (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=OMSBcdRepairKit)

--- bill

bane51031
11-07-2008, 20:38
I have used Aquaseal to repair my wetsuit,drysuit,Jeep soft top and it is kind of like my version of ducttape LOL, you can use the cleaner (Cortisol ?) to clean the site to be repaired first then aquaseal it and it is supposed to hold even better thean just using aquaseal I have always just put it on a clean dry surface.

LRDWILDER
02-09-2009, 19:10
I gotta say.....I'd replace the bladder...its a life support item and even though I'm sure it could work I would not want to worry about it, and I'm sure under extreme pressure it would truly be the weak link.....just my $0.02.

ScottZeagle
02-10-2009, 08:47
We sell a repair kit that will take care of your problem.

The hardest part will be removing and replacing the inner bladder!

There is really no need to repalce the entire bladder due to a pinhole!!!

Part # 345-0400 is the patch kit. Any Zeagle dealer can order you one!!

You get a pack of 10 patches for like $12.

chris in the socal
02-10-2009, 18:20
I like aqua seal with some kind of patch that is what i did with my 10 yr old tusa bc because they don't make a bladder for it anymore. but now i have my dive right transpac and would never go back

LRDWILDER
02-10-2009, 19:12
If Scott says no replacement...then no replacement...trust the man from my persepective.

ScottZeagle
02-11-2009, 08:43
If Scott says no replacement...then no replacement...trust the man from my persepective.

Keep in mind we are talking a few PINHOLES!!!

If you drive a knife, spearshaft, or anything that leaves a large hole, cut, or jagged edge, you need to buy a new inner bladder!!!!

A few pinholes, however, can be easily patched.

Landlocked Amphibian
02-11-2009, 09:00

Keep in mind we are talking a few PINHOLES!!!

If you drive a knife, spearshaft, or anything that leaves a large hole, cut, or jagged edge, you need to buy a new inner bladder!!!!

A few pinholes, however, can be easily patched.

If there is a larger hole in the bladder, is there a safe way to fix it temporarily to finish a dive trip, or is it over.