PDA

View Full Version : Lake Ouachita Spearfishing

scubapimpin
08-16-2007, 10:56
This is just a general inquiry to see if anyone on the board spearfishes at Lake Ouachita. I spearfish there often. Would like this thread to share stories and advice. If you have any personal insight, please drop a line, also if you are interested in spearfishing, this is a good place for questions!

Xspect
08-16-2007, 16:18
I work in Monroe a lot. I've never spearfished but have a burning desire to learn

mwhities
08-16-2007, 16:20
Make sure that you can, some lakes spearfishing is illegal.

Michael

scubapimpin
08-16-2007, 22:24
I do it lots at Lake O. Its perfectly legal, and you can take any fish except smallmouth bass and trout. Just have to have a fishing liscense in arkansas, and you can only shoot half the number of fish that you would be allowed to keep if tackle fishing.

MagnaBoxer
08-17-2007, 09:56
Does that include Stripers? If so have you ever taken any and how big? Would love to learn to spearfish but think I'd better wait til I get my bouyancy and trim worked out first.

scubapimpin
08-19-2007, 11:51
Does that include Stripers? If so have you ever taken any and how big? Would love to learn to spearfish but think I'd better wait til I get my bouyancy and trim worked out first.

that does indeed include stripers. I have not personally shot any, but I have seen some very large ones. we mostly go after catfish and largemouth bass.

Krakenn
08-20-2007, 05:10
Hmmm, If you shoot Stripers in Australia youll be put in gaol.

Kraks

Charlotte Smith
08-20-2007, 05:57

that does indeed include stripers. I have not personally shot any, but I have seen some very large ones. we mostly go after catfish and largemouth bass.

Wish we could take Large Mouth Bass in our lake ......they are off limits!
(Lake Norfork)

scubapimpin
08-20-2007, 10:36
bass are a lot of fun to fish, you have to stalk them, and they are FAST! It takes some practice to get good at spearfishing for them.

scubapimpin
08-21-2007, 11:52
Just tryin to keep this thread alive... What is the largest fish any of you have shot in fresh water? My tops is a 40 lb carp...

mark44883
08-25-2007, 13:23
has anyone spear fish the great lakes ,is it legal