PDA

View Full Version : Stung by Leisure Pro

RonC
10-21-2008, 18:54
I ordered a 10' roll of weight belt webbing from Leisure Pro to make a backpack harness. When it came in, it was two pieces. One was 7' long the other was 34". Both were too short for the one piece harness I was making. I E-mailed Customer Service a week ago and no response. I guess it is worth a few bucks to find out about a company.:smilie39:

Drewskey
10-21-2008, 18:59
I ordered a 10' roll of weight belt webbing from Leisure Pro to make a backpack harness. When it came in, it was two pieces. One was 7' long the other was 34". Both were too short for the one piece harness I was making. I E-mailed Customer Service a week ago and no response. I guess it is worth a few bucks to find out about a company.:smilie39:

I guess you got the end of a roll and a short beginning. :smiley21:

PaulThomas
10-21-2008, 19:02
That's ridiculous. I contest the charge on my CC if they didn't refund me. What's next, you'll get your tanks in parts???

Don Wray
10-21-2008, 19:04
LP has been closed for a least a week for a Jewish holiday. They reopen for a couple of days this week and are closed again. There is a calender on their site showing the days they are closed.

Splitlip
10-21-2008, 19:04
They probably can't figure out why you're complaining about being short 2 inches :).

A dive shop would have gotten it right even if you did not just pull it off their roll.

nikefreekz
10-21-2008, 20:16
gdness, to think i almost place an order with them, that's terrible

Splitlip
10-21-2008, 20:28
They are getting better. They now have divers working for them and they are also an authorised dealer for a number of manufacturers.
I am sure they will make it right, but it is just really funny they they sent pieces. The folks in the warehouse just did not understand.

Not like buying meat by the pound.

nikefreekz
10-21-2008, 21:52
i had actually emailed them a couple weeks back regarding some gear prices and till not, I have yet to hear anything from them...

MR.BLUE
10-21-2008, 22:39
I've been to their store in NYC...nothing outta this world....but a whole lot of people working the phones like a Jerry Lewis telethon!!!
I will say that they have always been willing to work things out and get the order right. I'd say to call them directly and talk to a customer service rep.

Damselfish
10-22-2008, 00:04
LP can have it's issues but I have found they do want to correct mistakes and something like that I'm sure they will make right - as far as the delay you just got caught by the holiday timing.

If you're in a hurry for anything it's very important to check for any upcoming holiday periods for them before shopping. I've decided it's best not to use them if you're in a hurry as it does seem like there are higher odds of something going wrong with an order there than some other places. (ScubaToys for one, which would never have send your webbing in 2 pieces :icon_rolleyes: )

texdiveguy
10-22-2008, 00:23
I have ordered several times in the past from them with no problems.

nikefreekz
10-22-2008, 01:20
in this time and edge where technology rules and you're also speaking to a global market, it helps that they response to inquiries and request via email promptly, if not then it really defeats the purpose of having a website and an email address, that's just my opinion tho..

nikefreekz
10-22-2008, 01:21
I have ordered several times in the past from them with no problems.

maybe i'm just unlucky :smiley5:

cummings66
10-22-2008, 06:53
I've also ordered from them several times, usually when ST's doesn't have an item I want and they do. Never had a problem so far.

Don Wray
10-22-2008, 08:52
They are open today, give them a call.

maverick
10-22-2008, 17:38
I also ordered from LP and never had a problem.

hooligan
10-22-2008, 18:21
October is a big month for Jewish Holidays. I've been trying to order some camera equipment online and almost every camera store has been closed. Once the holidays are over, I'm sure you'll be able to get it taken care of.

Kokomo
10-22-2008, 18:32
I've always had good luck with them responding to issues. Maybe it is because of the holidays.

Daz
10-22-2008, 22:45
Sounds like a simple (but frustrating) mistake. Have you talked to them? If no, then I think the "stung by" comment is not only premature but also rather inflammatory. I'll be quite surprised if they don't make things right. I've dealt with them on several ocassions and never had any problems - even when changing an already placed order and with a return.

I say give them a chance to fix things before considering yourself "stung".

mike_s
10-23-2008, 08:51
no... I've got to agree that Stung is appropiate.

If you order webbing from any dive shop, you don't expect it to come cut in pieces when you tell them you want for example 10 feet.

The dive shop should have know better, as should have Leisure Pro.

While overall I don't think that there is much wrong with LP, I find that other shops locally will match their price so I'm lucky and don't have to bother ordering from them.....

but this is just a case of some employee being lazy and not wanting to go to the effort to do it right.

3rdEye
10-23-2008, 09:36
eh, I wouldn't call it stung...they are generally good about returning stuff, etc. I'd say it's just a case of a non diver not getting it...at least they have an effecient ordering and return process....which is more than I can say for a lot of places. I have yet to find an online shop that gets it all right.

monant
10-23-2008, 10:25
I've never had any problems with them. Until I found ST I used them quite a lot.

Lj82
10-23-2008, 11:45
Well the OP ordered something and didn't get what he wanted. He has a case and he is well within his right to describe it as 'stung'. He emailed them and didn't get a response for a week, before he post it online. How in the world can that be inflammatory?

3rdEye
10-23-2008, 12:00
Well the OP ordered something and didn't get what he wanted. He has a case and he is well within his right to describe it as 'stung'. He emailed them and didn't get a response for a week, before he post it online. How in the world can that be inflammatory?

lol...it sounds like what most people would call a mistake...if that's what one would describe as stung, I could make 20 threads about how I was "stung" by scubatoys...

Charles R
10-23-2008, 15:28
If you are in a hurry to get it order it from ST 2 Inch Webbing reviews and discounts, Innovative Scuba Concepts (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=2inchWebbing) and then return the LP order when they get back to work post the Holidays! if you got a better price call Joe and see if they will match it. :smiley20: Just My 2 p.s.i.

fire diver
10-23-2008, 15:58

lol...it sounds like what most people would call a mistake...if that's what one would describe as stung, I could make 20 threads about how I was "stung" by scubatoys...

Well, while any business can make a mistake, I think it is wrong leave the customer without answers for more than a week. I understand the religious holiday, but I'm sure than somewhere in NewYork is someone from a differing religion who could be monitoring phones, emails, etc.

And really, you've had twenty seperate problems with twenty orders from scubatoys? List them or admit to fabrication of events to bolster your eronious stance.

mike_s
10-23-2008, 17:05
LP is going to make mistakes.... just like any other dive shop has...

LP is the highest volume dive shop in the country. So they will make more mistakes than a smaller shop based on volume....

doesn't mean you shouldn't buy from them though. stuff happens. it just can be aggrivating....

Largo
10-23-2008, 18:48
I was visiting with a guy at a scuba park a couple of years ago. He was a sheriff's deputy (in NC), and had originally gotten certified to dive through the LDS who owned the park, in January. The LDS owner took an axe, and cut through the ice, because this fellow wanted to get certified for his job.

So, six months later, this guy is telling me that he just bought a Zeagle
Ranger LTD from Leisure Pro, because they sold it cheaper than the LDS.

I'm totally a free-market guy, but I think that he should have thrown his LDS a bone on that one.

rumblefish
10-23-2008, 19:16
I was just at LeisurePro today. Generally, they are very good about returning orders and such. I was at the shop once when I heard that someone wanted to return a BC after the customer had dived with it. They accepted the return. Ben, who works the desk most of the time is a real fair guy. As for them hiring Non-Jews, they do. I've seen at least one guy who was clearly not Jewish working at the shop doing stock and inventory. However, generally, in NYC, Jewish run businesses keep the core of their businesses to themselves. When there is a religious holiday, they shut down...Plain and simple.

To the OP, I'm sure that LP will have no problem replacing your order. Unfortunately, there was probably a misunderstanding culturally as to how they do business.

Splitlip
10-23-2008, 19:32
I was just at LeisurePro today. Generally, they are very good about returning orders and such. I was at the shop once when I heard that someone wanted to return a BC after the customer had dived with it. They accepted the return. Ben, who works the desk most of the time is a real fair guy. As for them hiring Non-Jews, they do. I've seen at least one guy who was clearly not Jewish working at the shop doing stock and inventory. However, generally, in NYC, Jewish run businesses keep the core of their businesses to themselves. When there is a religious holiday, they shut down...Plain and simple.

To the OP, I'm sure that LP will have no problem replacing your order. Unfortunately, there was probably a misunderstanding culturally as to how they do business.
They keep the core to family. As do the Italians, Irish... and any familly owned business.
I am from NYC. I am Irish-Italian. A lot of business owners in the tribe. I am related by marriage to Jews, Blacks, Poles and Hispanics. My experience, all else being equal, family comes first.

3rdEye
10-23-2008, 20:18

Well, while any business can make a mistake, I think it is wrong leave the customer without answers for more than a week. I understand the religious holiday, but I'm sure than somewhere in NewYork is someone from a differing religion who could be monitoring phones, emails, etc.

And really, you've had twenty seperate problems with twenty orders from scubatoys? List them or admit to fabrication of events to bolster your eronious stance.

no erroneous stance here...I could certainly complete the list...not 20 orders, but easily twenty problems. But I've voiced it to them already, and it's been resolved...so, I'm not going to list it here.

Scubatoys is a good company, and like most growing companies, they have issues they need to iron out.

rawalker
10-23-2008, 22:14
If a business were closed between Christmas and New Years would you consider it a problem? These guys are entitled to shut down for their holiday! I'm sure they will make every effort to make good on the problem as their workload allows now that they are back to work.

ScubaDude
10-25-2008, 20:40
LP is going to make mistakes.... just like any other dive shop has...

LP is the highest volume dive shop in the country. So they will make more mistakes than a smaller shop based on volume....

doesn't mean you shouldn't buy from them though. stuff happens. it just can be aggrivating....

I agree with mike s, the higher the volume, the higher the chances of a mistake.

awap
10-29-2008, 10:23
I can't imagine them not correcting their error. But, unless you happen to be a pretty small person, I suspect you will find that 10 ft is too short. I always order 12 feet and end up cutting off a little less than a foot.

No Misses
10-29-2008, 12:52
When I went to my LDS looking for a short piece of webbing for a weight belt, the salesperson reached into a box of "end cuts" - pulled out a 4' piece - tossed it to me and said "have a nice day". I had fully expected to pay for it. But, for them it was just a scrap piece that was too short to be sold as a harness.

Note: They do see me every week when I get my EAN fills.

IMHO, this is a way better use of end cuts, than sending them to people that need / ordered a whole piece.

RonC
10-29-2008, 13:19
I got a PM from Brett at Leisure Pro yesterday. Agreed to square every thing up. Thanks Brett! -- Ron

aiseson
10-30-2008, 12:51
Also they are closed for the holidays because its not only that they can't work but that they can't have people working for them making them money on Sabbath or holidays either .

Zeagle Eagle
10-31-2008, 08:57
I was visiting with a guy at a scuba park a couple of years ago. He was a sheriff's deputy (in NC), and had originally gotten certified to dive through the LDS who owned the park, in January. The LDS owner took an axe, and cut through the ice, because this fellow wanted to get certified for his job.

So, six months later, this guy is telling me that he just bought a Zeagle
Ranger LTD from Leisure Pro, because they sold it cheaper than the LDS.

I'm totally a free-market guy, but I think that he should have thrown his LDS a bone on that one.

I have done a lot of business with Leisure Pro and never had one single problem. I recommend them.
All that being said Scuba Toys is now my main dive store and here’s why. My girlfriend was getting her advanced certification at Windy Park. She had to dive at night and it was very cold. I mean it was so cold that if we had brass monkeys in front of the tent we would have to cover them up. I went along to take some underwater video. After surfacing we were both hypothermic. Larry and the Scuba Toys tent were setup next to us and they had a kerosene heater (looked like you could warm up a small jet plane with it). They insisted that we come over to their tent and “deice”. I think it saved us a trip to the emergency room. Their whole group just couldn’t seem to do enough for us. They even fed us dinner.
Ever since that Good Samaritan act I have done all of my business with them. I used to be a loyal Leisure Pro customer but Scuba Toys prices are similar to LP and I get the added bonus of having them close at hand. Every problem I have had with ST was solved immediately sometimes within hours with an email or two. Nothing like having some good ‘ole Texans to do business with. They answer their email promptly whether it is a purchase or just a question about diving or equipment. I just recently purchased an Oceanic Data Max Plus 2 computer from them. The transaction was flawless and the computer arrived promptly. I would take ST over LP any day of the week. I think they are divers first and businessmen second.
I like the fact that when I ask them a question I am talking to a seasoned diver who has actually used the equipment they sell.

Zeagle Eagle

TRACI
10-31-2008, 10:19
I have never had any problems with Leisure Pro on purchases, exchanges, returns or warranty work. I generally only order from them, if ST does not stock what I am looking for because I can get my delivery much quicker from ST:)

James1010
11-16-2008, 13:39
I purchase a dive real from Leisure Pro and when it came in the box was destroyed but the reel was o.k. I don't think I will be buying anything from them anymore.

Sealyons
11-16-2008, 18:40
just to let you know these are honorable business people without question. I have never purchased from them, but have had dealings with them. If you have a problem ask for Sol. Scuba Toys is great also. I might prefer to deal with ST cause I don't live in TX

CFDAlden
11-17-2008, 00:35
I've ordered with them a few times, and had no problems. Like others have said, call them. I've always called to place my orders, and had no issues.

Being one state from me, my orders arrive the day after ship. :)

ST has my next order, however. :)

cummings66
11-17-2008, 18:29
I purchase a dive real from Leisure Pro and when it came in the box was destroyed but the reel was o.k. I don't think I will be buying anything from them anymore.

That doesn't make sense. The shipping companies do all they can to destroy packages, it's sometimes not a matter of if but one of when. I think you're in left field over the shipper destroying a box, they do it all the time and I know because I often check in our UPS, FedEx, and DHL shipments. I've seen them all destroy well packed boxes. The accordion is a favorite technique of them.

teerlkay
11-24-2008, 17:06

can't you just add a buckle on your harness (ducks)

nrembis
11-27-2008, 10:19
The biggest issue I have with leisurepro is they send out discount coupons and if you are not quick at getting something ordered they have already raised the pricing accordingly to negate the discount, LOL...

I realize they are not the only ones doing that, all places do....but dont leave something on sale or special for months at a time then issue discounts and jack the price up the same day....dont agree with that at all :)

I lucked out on my last order and beat them to the price hike....got my 25% off before they removed the special price :) :) ....but I just happened to be sitting on the computer when I got the email discount from them, so I went straight there, LOL

thagar
11-27-2008, 19:56
A lot of stores do that. Target ups the price $10 and then gives you a $10 gift card.

nrembis
11-28-2008, 09:27
A lot of stores do that. Target ups the price $10 and then gives you a $10 gift card.

Yeah, that sucks, I was able to catch an oceanic reg on sale and be able to use my 25% off code I got before they jacked the price back up

SKU: OCNGT3DVTOceanic GT3 CDX5 DVT Diaphragm Regulator with Environmental seal, BlackQuantity: 1
$224.95

http://leisurepro.com/image/email/dot_grey.gifSKU: OCNSWOOceanic "Swivel 180 Degree" Octopus, YellowQuantity: 1
$84.95

http://leisurepro.com/image/email/dot_grey.gif
Order Subtotal

$309.90
Ships via UPS Ground Delivery (5-7 Business Days)
Shipping
$.00
Sales Tax
$.00
Discounts
$77.47
Grand Total
$232.43

LOL, was like getting the octo for free damn near :)

worked out to like 168.72 for the reg and 63.71 for the octo :) :)

Nemrod
11-28-2008, 16:25
I have purchased a number of items from LP with good success including a AL Titan LX for 174 dollars new in the box.

I also support Scuba Toys but they don't carry AL, so I buy as much as I can from them but I do have my preferences and like the Titan LX for 174 dollars, new in the box, hard to beat that.

N

austinhimself
12-09-2008, 18:30
I recently ordered a mask from LP and i had no problems with them and would recomend them. ScubaToys is closer to where I live though, and they are always able to get my product shipped quicker it seems.

When ordering new gear I definately do shop around and often times it comes down to the price of shipping and availability. Scubatoys and their quick shipping is something I dont think I could do witouth, whenever I order new gear I feel as though the delivery truck is keeping me from diving. With Scubatoys the wait for items to be delivered is always quick and painless.

bane51031
12-11-2008, 19:15
Lp more than likely will make it right, never had problems with them give them a chance.

imasinker
12-11-2008, 19:22
Just be happy you didn't get charged for two pieces... seriously though, I would give them the chance to fix it... I am sure they will send you the other two inches.....

imasinker
12-11-2008, 19:33
I have purchased a number of items from LP with good success including a AL Titan LX for 174 dollars new in the box.

I also support Scuba Toys but they don't carry AL, so I buy as much as I can from them but I do have my preferences and like the Titan LX for 174 dollars, new in the box, hard to beat that.

N
Just thought this was interesting.... I read this the other day...not to start a new war or hijack a thread...moderators please move this thread accordingly if need... Here Aqualung says it does not deal with Leisure pro yet I know many people that been buying aqualung products from them....

This a statement Aqualung has made regarding gray market dealers such as Leisure Pro.

Leisure Pro is NOT an authorized Aqua Lung dealer
Aqua Lung does not sell or provide products to Leisure Pro. We do not plan to sell, nor have we authorized any of our global authorized distributors, dealers or other customers to sell Aqua Lung products to Leisure Pro. We consider any Aqua Lung, Sea Quest, Apeks or Suunto products sold through Leisure Pro to be “Gray Market” goods.

Gray Market goods are distributed in the United States without Aqua Lung's authorization, and may place the consumer at risk. We do not support or provide warranty services for products purchased through Leisure Pro since we cannot determine if the product is new, damaged or used. You should be warned that consumers who have bought Aqua Lung products from Leisure Pro in the past have found out after their purchase that certain rights to warranties and other value added support benefits could not be obtained.

Utilizing our global serial number tracking system, we have documented evidence of products being obtained by Leisure Pro through unauthorized gray market channels. In these cases we have taken severe actions to cut off the source of gray market products. We will continue to take aggressive measures to prevent our products from being sold through gray market channels.

We are committed to protecting our brand image. We take great pride in our products and in the enjoyment our customers receive using our products. To support these ideals we sell only through a network of authorized distributors, independent specialty stores and retail partners. These are the organizations that provide the infrastructure so you can enjoy diving -- training, air fills, travel and equipment service. They employ professionals who receive up-to-date training on our products so they can instruct you in their safe and proper use as well as proper care and maintenance. Buying from an unauthorized source can put you and those who make the dive business possible, at risk.

Purchasing equipment from an Authorized Aqua Lung dealer assures you of receiving the highest quality equipment and customer service available in the industry today! The benefits to you are:

· 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee

· $100 Future Technology Upgrade on selected products

· Limited Lifetime Warranty on all Regulators and Buoyancy Compensators

· “Free Parts for Life” on all Aqua Lung and Apeks regulators

· 5 Year Limited Warranty on Suunto dive computers

· 3 Year “Free Battery Replacement” with Suunto computers

· Professional assistance in determining the right equipment for your needs

· Professional setup and instruction in the use of your Aqua Lung purchases

· Service and repair by Aqua Lung trained technicians

mike_s
12-16-2008, 13:43
in case you or anyone else has not figured it out by now... that Aqualung is lying....

I mean LP had their new "auto closure device" regulator in stock before the bigger "real" dealers had them.

AL is shipping to LP. maybe they use some fake dealer name, but the product comes from AL.

fire diver
12-16-2008, 15:51
Yeah, I remember a huge thread on SB a couple years ago about AL and thier underhanded practices. I like thier product, but I won't spend a dime on the company becuase of thier actions.

For those not following.......
It has been proven that AL sells directly to LP for less than they sell to thier authorized dealers. Then they have the added benefit of not ever paying for warranty service on those items.

But if an authorized dealer is caught selling below MAP, they lose thier AL dealer status. AL even threatened lawsuit against SB over that thread. Can you imagine that? Suing a public forum to shut down free speach.

mike_s
12-17-2008, 13:23
Yeah, I remember a huge thread on SB a couple years ago about AL and thier underhanded practices. I like thier product, but I won't spend a dime on the company becuase of thier actions.

It has been proven that AL sells directly to LP for less than they sell to thier authorized dealers. Then they have the added benefit of not ever paying for warranty service on those items.

But if an authorized dealer is caught selling below MAP, they lose thier AL dealer status. AL even threatened lawsuit against SB over that thread. Can you imagine that? Suing a public forum to shut down free speach.

That is very true.

I know of at least one of the authorized dealers that was lost their dealer status for competing with Leisure Pro. I don't blame LP for it, but I do blame Aqualung for it as it was not an advertised special. He was busted for giving a quote of 30% off over the phone to an "undercover aqualung employee" posing as a customer calling for a price quote.

I also remember the Aqualung thread being yanked over at SB because of legal issues.

I lot of people quit buying Aqualung after that. me inlcuded.

Zeagle Eagle
12-23-2008, 17:42
N[/quote]
Just thought this was interesting.... I read this the other day...not to start a new war or hijack a thread...moderators please move this thread accordingly if need... Here Aqualung says it does not deal with Leisure pro yet I know many people that been buying aqualung products from them....

This a statement Aqualung has made regarding gray market dealers such as Leisure Pro.

Leisure Pro is NOT an authorized Aqua Lung dealer
Aqua Lung does not sell or provide products to Leisure Pro. We do not plan to sell, nor have we authorized any of our global authorized distributors, dealers or other customers to sell Aqua Lung products to Leisure Pro. We consider any Aqua Lung, Sea Quest, Apeks or Suunto products sold through Leisure Pro to be “Gray Market” goods.

Gray Market goods are distributed in the United States without Aqua Lung's authorization, and may place the consumer at risk. We do not support or provide warranty services for products purchased through Leisure Pro since we cannot determine if the product is new, damaged or used. You should be warned that consumers who have bought Aqua Lung products from Leisure Pro in the past have found out after their purchase that certain rights to warranties and other value added support benefits could not be obtained.

Utilizing our global serial number tracking system, we have documented evidence of products being obtained by Leisure Pro through unauthorized gray market channels. In these cases we have taken severe actions to cut off the source of gray market products. We will continue to take aggressive measures to prevent our products from being sold through gray market channels.

[/quote]

Let's define "grey market" shall we?

A grey market or gray market is the trade of a commodity through distribution channels which, while legal, are unofficial, unauthorized, or unintended by the original manufacturer.

Fact: It's perfectly legal, ethical and moral to buy so called grey market products from online sources.

What pisses AL off is the fact that they don't get the huge profits. They are trying to monopolize the end use. They are trying to stifle competition through vague innuendos (global serial number tracking) and veiled threats (severe action). I say hooray for capitalism. Let the people/market place decide where they want to buy their dive gear. AL, you can't scare people into buying your product just from you.
Can you imagine relating that to buying a car? You buy a used car with 50 miles on it and then no manufacturer warranty... I don't think so. A company like that would not stay in business very long.

BarbadosSlim93
12-23-2008, 21:15

That is very true.

I know of at least one of the authorized dealers that was lost their dealer status for competing with Leisure Pro. I don't blame LP for it, but I do blame Aqualung for it as it was not an advertised special. He was busted for giving a quote of 30% off over the phone to an "undercover aqualung employee" posing as a customer calling for a price quote.

I also remember the Aqualung thread being yanked over at SB because of legal issues.

I lot of people quit buying Aqualung after that. me inlcuded.

Wow, that is ridiculous. A lot of the bad feelings people get about LP is from their LDSs having trouble trying to compete with them and passing the negativity to the customer (in my opinion). The sad thing is that it is not LP's fault, as they are just doing what any business should; striking the best deals to create a profit. I have bought a few items from LP and have always had a positive experience.

I know I will never buy AL because of what I perceive their business techniques to be, because all businesses should be created equally and sold products to at the same price. Now I don't know all of the facts for sure, but I have reviewed a couple of threads on this and have made my opinion. If I am wrong I apologize to them, but I have seen nothing to contradict my thinking on the issue.

blewgrass
01-13-2009, 19:31
Costco is a grey market dealer

mm2002
01-14-2009, 20:22

Yeah, so is Wal Mart. :smiley2:

snagel
01-15-2009, 05:33
I've made a couple orders from Leisure Pro and never had an issue. (0f course, the only time I did this was when ScubaToys didn't carry what I was wanting).

Did order from Scuba.com one time (got some gift certificates). Now, that was bad - waited a month and 1/2 for my order. Ordered 3 things and one was back ordered so they wouldn't ship any of it.

Here is a story about a bad company: Not scuba related, but ordered a mirror for my wifes truck from Dr. AutoParts. Came in and was broke (This was late October 08). I've made 27 calls to them and every time the customer service lines are busy, "leave a message and we will get back to you". Never have talked to a person. Now, this site is a scam.

Snagel

heydn62
01-15-2009, 12:56
Here is a story about a bad company: Not scuba related, but ordered a mirror for my wifes truck from Dr. AutoParts. Came in and was broke (This was late October 08). I've made 27 calls to them and every time the customer service lines are busy, "leave a message and we will get back to you". Never have talked to a person. Now, this site is a scam.

Snagel

If you haven't disputed the charge with your CC company yet, do so soon. I think the time frame is 3 mos. or 100 days, or something in that ballpark.

austinhimself
01-15-2009, 19:25
I recently purchased a mask through LP. It was a ScubaPro Frameless, and while I know they aren't an authorized SP dealer, I felt it would be alright, after all what could go wrong with a mask?

I only ordered from them because of the price. Im a college student, and sadly, at this time in my life I have to pick my battles when it comes to choosing between a quality company and an affordable product :smiley5:

The mask arrived and performed as expected. However, what really bugged me was the phone call from LP asking me to review my purchase with them and the half dozen emails that followed.

mm2002
01-15-2009, 19:41
Hey, if you're buying to get name brands cheap, and not worried about possible warranty issues...LP is'nt a bad place to shop. I've made a lot of small purchases from them, and one fairly large one (only after giving ST the chance to price match, which they couldn't, and I understood) As far as customer service, they are OK. As with any "bargain retailer", don't expect the same personalized service you can get from ST, or any other LDS. They will eventually make things right with you though, which is all that really matters in the end.

mike_s
01-16-2009, 14:00

Yeah, so is Wal Mart. :smiley2:

of what? dive gear?

They do sell Aqualung / US Divers snorkle sets, but they are sold through a seperate division of AL that allows them to sell them.

(not defending AL though as I don't like their politics of how they treat LDS's....)

Did order from Scuba.com one time (got some gift certificates). Now, that was bad - waited a month and 1/2 for my order. Ordered 3 things and one was back ordered so they wouldn't ship any of it.

Scuba.com has a tendency not to stock many items and then when orders come in they simply place an order with the manufacturer distributor who is under a days drive away. (a lot of distributors in the scuba industry ship out of California where scuba.com is located. )

this is one way they keep their operating expenses down, but you'll see lots of refernces of orders with them being backordered because of stuff like this...

Snagel

place a stop order on that charge with your credit card company.

I recently purchased a mask through LP. It was a ScubaPro Frameless, and while I know they aren't an authorized SP dealer, I felt it would be alright, after all what could go wrong with a mask?

I only ordered from them because of the price. Im a college student, and sadly, at this time in my life I have to pick my battles when it comes to choosing between a quality company and an affordable product :smiley5:

The mask arrived and performed as expected. However, what really bugged me was the phone call from LP asking me to review my purchase with them and the half dozen emails that followed.

That might be easily explainable... If you're a college student, did you have your mask delivered to a different addres than your billing address? (like to a dorm, etc?)

LP, online camera shops, etc are afraid of any order that goes to a different address than the billing address of the credit card. Credit card companies are also afraid of charges by these companies that meet that criteria and they often have to go through verification of the charge.

I've run into this myself when shipping to addresses other than my billing address. especially if it's a first time charge/shipment with a company.

fanatique
02-06-2009, 17:32
I believe some people jerking on LeisurePro's chain should give it a rest. Of course you're entitled to being treated fairly as a customer and all despite it being a budget online retailer. But mistakes do occur. For example, I ordered a combo from another online retailer and they forgot the neoprene mask strap. It was simply a matter of a phone call and they had it shipped out the day after. For the kind of price you pay compared to at a B&M shop where you can check your equipment, a wider berth as to service should be given.