PDA

View Full Version : Wetsuit

maddhadder
10-25-2008, 22:20
As part of my question posted in "wetsuits" I talked about getting a suit other than the semi-dry I just picked up, in case thats too warm for the mid summer months. I've been wearing a 7mil farmer john for my 8 dives this summer, and have been fine temp wise. My dad has a 7mil shorty that doesn't fit him, so the question is, has/does anyone ever used a shorty or is that too cold having that skin exposed?

mselizann
10-27-2008, 07:22
I dove a semi-dry at Dutch Springs- I was very comfortable. I wouldn't think you need a different suit for that particular quarry.

CFDAlden
10-28-2008, 00:30
I logged around 20 dives at Dutch this year, June and August. I wore a 7mm one piece, 5mm hood and booties. A pair of reef gloves, and I was comfortable at depth, far too warm on surface swims. Hands were a bit chilly at depth, come to think of it. :)

I did see one guy dive a shorty, in August. He went to the platforms and thumbed his dive. I ran into him later, he said it was far too cold, lol.

Next year, I'll be diving dry there.

rumblefish
10-31-2008, 01:01
I did see one guy dive a shorty, in August. He went to the platforms and thumbed his dive. I ran into him later, he said it was far too cold, lol.

I can just imagine the looks on everyone else as he got ready for the dive. A shorty at Dutch...YIKES!!!!

maddhadder
10-31-2008, 15:05
Yeah, thats pretty much what i thought. I was trying to remember if I saw ayone wearing one, and didn't think so. I guess I'll just have to do some warmer diving, oh darn.

rumblefish
11-01-2008, 19:26
ST has a good deal on the 7mm Henderson Thermoprene or you can get a lighter wetsuit (cheaper too) to layer on top of your 7mm farmer John. If it fits you, you can put the 7mm shorty on top of your john as well.